Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Hurricane IDA
macpappy 03:36 PM 11-05-2009
Hopefully Ida didn't do too much damage.
[Reply]
coastietech 03:37 PM 11-05-2009
I saw that this morning...

Does it make me an asshole that the first thought that crossed my mind was I hope it doesn't effect the cigar industry???

Stock up on your Camacho's and Padron's now guys. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:03 PM 11-05-2009
Well, worse yet. Ida is expected to go into the Gulf and head for New Orleans.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:14 PM 11-05-2009
Fingers crossed that she dies off.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:38 PM 11-05-2009
That is one weird arse place for that to form. Good thing is it will be well past before the EYH!!! Party on...
[Reply]
TripleF 06:41 PM 11-05-2009
I got my eyes on it.....with the EYH just sround the corner.

BTW, I thought the same thing.....
[Reply]
macpappy 04:28 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Well, worse yet. Ida is expected to go into the Gulf and head for New Orleans.
You know something our weather idiots don't or is that wishful thinking?:-)

Actually they were talking about projections last night and discussed how the surface water temperature needs to be in the 80's for the storm to "power-up and be sustained". Then he said that the surface temps going off Louisiana & Mississippi have dropped over the pass two weeks due to the cold fronts we've been seeing and is in the 76 to 79 degree range. We also have another front that is supposed to be here by Monday or Tuesday. IF (not the big if) the forecast is correct this will bring more cold air and wind shear both will weaken a tropical storm. IF THE FRIGGIN' FORECASTERS ARE CORRECT.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:23 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
You know something our weather idiots don't or is that wishful thinking?:-)

Actually they were talking about projections last night and discussed how the surface water temperature needs to be in the 80's for the storm to "power-up and be sustained". Then he said that the surface temps going off Louisiana & Mississippi have dropped over the pass two weeks due to the cold fronts we've been seeing and is in the 76 to 79 degree range. We also have another front that is supposed to be here by Monday or Tuesday. IF (not the big if) the forecast is correct this will bring more cold air and wind shear both will weaken a tropical storm. IF THE FRIGGIN' FORECASTERS ARE CORRECT.
Fear not.
I couldn't imagine how they had it on a straight line for N.O. when you have the jet stream usually taking them east from there in the Gulf when they are in the Yucatan area.
The models now have Ida heading for the West Coast of Florida and Panhandle area.
Good thing is it appears to be heading that way with likely winds of 50 MPH, which we Floridians call a strong breeze.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:00 AM 11-06-2009
I've always felt that hurricanes follow the "path of least resistance" - low pressure areas. So in this case that means it is aimed directly at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football stadium. It's completely defenseless.
[Reply]
coastietech 09:13 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I've always felt that hurricanes follow the "path of least resistance" - low pressure areas. So in this case that means it is aimed directly at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football stadium. It's completely defenseless.
[Reply]
Up