Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>CA Magazine page 110...someone ought to be shot
Rabidsquirrel 10:37 AM 11-07-2009
Looks like they just finished up working out at the gym.
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:59 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel:
Looks like they just finished up working out at the gym.

hilarious!!!
[Reply]
gbum 06:55 PM 11-07-2009
hurm.... hot dog...
[Reply]
neoflex 06:54 AM 11-08-2009
Was in Barnes & Noble yesterday and of course I had to make my way over to the magazine rack after reading this discussion. That ad looked ridiculous and had I been Te-Amo I think I would seriously be thinking about firing my ad agency. Those sticks looked absolutely horrendous and no way would that ad get me thinking "Hey, I need to try one of those.". Last time I checked smoking plastic will bring the cancer on in a hurry.
[Reply]
Les Nessman 07:11 AM 11-08-2009
Wow, brilliant ad!

I mean after all, when was the last time there was a three page discussion on Te-amo around here? :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 08:07 AM 11-08-2009
gee, I don't know, let's see how petty this thread REALLY is....

CA page 161. Of coures, no comments made about that (shocking)

JR Cigars - Thank you NCRadioMan and weak link for remembering that. Kudos to S15driftking for remembering the website photos.

Famous Smoke Shop (LK Holiday2009) - oh, pick a page...67, 69, 70

Cigar.Com (October 2009) - the ENTIRE catalog

Cigars International (Nov 2009) - throughout the catalog

Cigar Magazine (Winter 2009) - pg 2 (oh wait, same ad!), pg 70, 86, 102

And for the "Nub" comparisons??

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
In the issue with the entourage folks on the cover they ran an ad for Te-Amo nub-like cigars
Guess you haven't been paying much attention, considering Felipe Gregorio was marketing the "Fat Boy" (3 1/2 x 55) since, oh, 2002...(technically 2000, according to the article quoted below) -

Originally Posted by :
The cigars -- which look as if someone sliced a robusto in half -- were conceived by owner Philip Wynne and vice president of national sales Michael "Micky" Pegg two years ago at the Retail Tobacco Dealers Association annual trade show in San Antonio. The pudgy smoke was originally intended solely as a sales vehicle, so that cigar store owners could sample Felipe Gregorio's various blends of tobacco without taking an hour to smoke each cigar. But the oddball smokes were an unintentional hit. "Everyone complimented the size and the flavor," said Wynne, and what started out as merely a sampler size expanded into an entire line.
Funny thing....they still make that same cigar to this day....
[Reply]
icehog3 08:09 AM 11-08-2009
My butt itches.
[Reply]
Whee 08:12 AM 11-08-2009
Someone needs a hug.:-)
[Reply]
captain53 08:16 AM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
December 09

I would be MORTIFIED if is had paid for the ad on page 110. I am sure the
advertising company said, "NO, it will look great! Trust Us."
:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 08:24 AM 11-08-2009
Actually this thread would be more at home in a graphic designer/advertising forum.

And if Te-Amo should be mad about anything then look more closely at the thin, ragged black line around a couple of the cigars. That's indication of poor work by the person clipping the background from around those cigars. Another thing is that the highlights are different on some of the cigars. The highlight should all be from the same direction.

The way I look at it is that we can't discuss politics so we might as well pick on something else.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:25 AM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My butt itches.
It's obvious what brought that on.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:37 AM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
And if Te-Amo should be mad about anything then look more closely at the thin, ragged black line around a couple of the cigars. That's indication of poor work by the person clipping the background from around those cigars. Another thing is that the highlights are different on some of the cigars. The highlight should all be from the same direction.
You realize that you are the FIRST person to catch AND mention that major flaw in this thread Mac??

[Reply]
Santesyu 08:49 AM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by neoflex:
/\ /\ Don't laugh, I had an in-law a couple years ago get me those for Christmas. I had to lie and pretend I enjoyed them when they asked me a few weeks later how the cigars they bought me were. :-)
LOL, indeed tough spot to be in.
[Reply]
macpappy 03:37 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
You realize that you are the FIRST person to catch AND mention that major flaw in this thread Mac??

That's because I'm a professional. It's what I do for a living.
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 04:45 PM 11-08-2009
Tom, the real question is te-amo or gurkha
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:19 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by tecnorobo:
tom, the real question is te-amo or gurkha
bite your tongue!!!!!

:d:d:d:d
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:19 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:

The sugary goodness really shows up in this pic.:-)

i see a similarity

[Reply]
Starscream 09:50 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I'd smoke one!!!

A little greasy looking, but I'd try it.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 07:14 AM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
Well heck at least it's a cigar ad. If I wanted to read 50 pages about watches and suits, I'd open up my Esquire.
well, i did just that - opened up my new esquire, flipping thru it just to see what's what - and bam, page 169, romeo and julieta ad depicting some glistening, oily, sugary sweet cigars...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up