Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
Chris. 03:59 PM 11-04-2009
This came from a July 09 box. I've had it since september.

Nice solid construction. Dark wrapper. Some veins but not too bad. Nice triple cap. The wrapper looks like brown leather.

Cap clipped off nicely with no damage done to the cigar. Easy pre-light draw with some spice on the lips.

First puff gave a very spicy chocolate flavor. The draw is easy just as it was pre-light.

Cedar at 1.5" in. Spice mellows a lot. I had a lot of burn issues. Could be from me leaving it for a couple minutes a couple of times. But even when I constantly puffed on it, it wouldn't burn evenly. It was getting frustrating.

Half way- still lots of cedar flavor. Not much else other than the spice is almost gone.

It started to taste a little flat with just hints of those cedar. I did get a hint of nuts for a few puffs, but it didn't last long.

Overall, it was okay, but not worth the money I had to pay for it. I'd say it's worth $8-10 since it is so large. I have one more and an older on that was given to me on the MAW as being from 2003, so we'll see how it does as well.
[Reply]
klipsch 04:37 PM 11-04-2009
I'm in agreement on this one. I think I paid $14+ after RI tax. Didn't much care for it's younger brother "09" either. I think the "06" surpasses the both of em.
[Reply]
srduggins 04:43 PM 11-04-2009
I didn't care for the '06 when I had it fresh. I shared one with a buddy about 8 months later and really enjoyed it. My '03s have another year of age on them and they are smoking well now. I have enjoyed the '09 the most (and at a young age). I find rich, earthy, meaty flavors with a touch of anise in all of them.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:17 PM 11-04-2009
Thanks for the review. The 03 and 06 are my favorite of the Cojonu line. I didn't care for the 09 that much. I heard the 06 was smoking excellent.
[Reply]
jwintosh 05:24 PM 11-04-2009
love em both! haven't smoked the 09 yet, but i have one waiting.... thanks for the review!!
[Reply]
dannysguitar 05:41 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by srduggins:
I didn't care for the '06 when I had it fresh. I shared one with a buddy about 8 months later and really enjoyed it. My '03s have another year of age on them and they are smoking well now. I have enjoyed the '09 the most (and at a young age). I find rich, earthy, meaty flavors with a touch of anise in all of them.
It's funny how you are on here now commenting on a Tat review of all things... LOL

Anyway, Thanks for the review. 09 is still my fav!
[Reply]
huero71 07:53 PM 11-04-2009
I agree 100%. 09's are great.
[Reply]
Slavac 08:25 PM 11-04-2009
Absolutely love these sticks. Amy has spoiled me with a few over the past few months.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:43 AM 11-05-2009
Nice review Chris!! :-)
[Reply]
Up