Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Famous Nicaraguan Cameroon Lonsdale
RevSmoke 07:40 PM 11-03-2009
Had asked about the Famous Nic Cameroons a while back. Thought I'd try some out myself - maybe some others would get a review. Have heard all about the 3000, but never had one, heard nothing about these, so I figured, why not!"

Famous Nicaraguan Cameroon Lonsdale
0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior
1) Aesthetics: Interesting Cameroon wrapper - smooth (only minuscule veins) and with that Cameroon toothiness, but there were a couple which spots on it.. For the price this wasn’t a bad looking cigar
Score for aesthetics: 3.5
2) Pre-light Construction: No soft spots. Firm, with nice heft. This has a nice nose to it, and a spicy sweetness when I do a pre-light draw.
Score for Pre-light construction: 4.1
3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Easy draw. This smoked very nicely. Even burn. I like the way this smokes
Score for post-light construction: 4.5
4) Flavor and strength: Coffee, caramel, and the sweet spice I associate with Cameroon. It is a very pleasant medium bodied smoke that develops nicely, getting richer mid-smoke to the end.
Score for flavor and strength: 4.0
5) Aftertaste/Finish: A short finish of sweet spiciness tantalized me.
Score for aftertaste: 4.0
6) Aroma: I liked the light spice and sweetness - pleasant.
Score for aroma: 4.0
7) General Comments: I was disappointed in the Packer play against the Vikings. This smoke on the walk back to the car and in the front yard of a friends home reminded me that “all-is-right-with-the-world,” as God is still God and even a cheaper stick can be quite enjoyable. I’ve only had one, but all told, an excellent smoke. At this point, I’d say it is definitely a keeper.
Overall score for the cigar: 3.8
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:43 PM 11-03-2009
Thanks for the Review Todd! Glad you found some solace up by my neck of the woods...
[Reply]
Up