Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Leaky Vino
Homebrewer 05:28 PM 10-31-2009
I battled my Vino all summer. I plugged the hole and had a pound of 65% beads in there and still the humidity kept dropping. I was adding more beads and adding water every other day. It was crazy.

Then last week I opened the vino door and pulled on the rubber seal that goes around the door. One corner was completely disconnected from the door about 8" in both directions. So today I bought some silicon and sealed it up really well.

Check your Vinos!:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:48 PM 10-31-2009
One of mine has been driving me crazy as well. I can't get it about about 53 percent RH. I have checked the seals but I will do it again.
[Reply]
Silound 08:42 PM 10-31-2009
I still find that running them is the biggest loss of humidity. Make sure the dripping condensation on the back wall is routed back onto your beads and it should help keep your humidity better balanced.
[Reply]
JE3146 09:14 PM 10-31-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
I still find that running them is the biggest loss of humidity. Make sure the dripping condensation on the back wall is routed back onto your beads and it should help keep your humidity better balanced.
Also make sure this condensation isn't running into a tray of cigars, or you'll have an isolated case of mold like I did.

Not fun.

I turned mine off and its going to stay off. Humidity now is far more stable than it once was to boot.
[Reply]
Silound 10:12 PM 11-01-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Also make sure this condensation isn't running into a tray of cigars, or you'll have an isolated case of mold like I did.

Not fun.

I turned mine off and its going to stay off. Humidity now is far more stable than it once was to boot.
Amen. I converted an Oasis unit to hold gel crystals/PG solution and use that now set on full blast. Keeps me right at about 71 at the top and 66 at the bottom with the air continuously circulating.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:40 AM 11-02-2009
Mine are driving me crazy right now... I have one the RH wants to go up constantly and one that wants to go down constantly.

I unplugged the one that wants to go down. Now it is stable at 73/64. Before I turned it off it was 63/51. The other one was 65/69 yesterday and today it is at 65/76!!!!!
[Reply]
Up