Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Who do you root for in the WS
Yankees 2 25.00%
Phillies 4 50.00%
Neither 1 12.50%
Phillies win in 7 but Lee,Hamels,Utley,Rollins,Howard get injured and DL in 2010 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
Sports>If you are a Met fan who do you root for ?
snowy 05:37 PM 10-28-2009
Let me prefice this by saying I am a huge Yankee fan. But for those of you who are Met fan who do you root for ?
[Reply]
timo 05:40 PM 10-28-2009
Gotta stick with the NL
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:42 PM 10-28-2009
HUGE Mets fan...and chronic Yankee hater here!! Since I am a National League guy I voted for the Phils in 7 and the stars on the DL. :-)
[Reply]
snowy 05:44 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
HUGE Mets fan...and chronic Yankee hater here!! Since I am a National League guy I voted for the Phils in 7 and the stars on the DL. :-)
If I was a Met fan that would be the ideal case. This is just like '86 for me. I lived in Queens at the time and did not watch any of the WS that year.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:57 PM 10-28-2009
This one is way too easy.
I lived in the NYC area for 32 years.
In all those years, never once did I meet a Mets fan that cared to see the Yankees win a thing.

All I have to say to that is that the long awaited and dreamed of Subway Series........well, you know how that went.:-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:34 PM 10-28-2009
You just came here hoping the poll had a "Maduro" option :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 07:22 PM 10-28-2009
... chronic Yankee hater here!! ...
:-) Precisely. I voted Phillies.

Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
:-) :-)

Nice! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:53 AM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
:-):-)
[Reply]
massphatness 05:14 AM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
This one is way too easy.
I lived in the NYC area for 32 years.
In all those years, never once did I meet a Mets fan that cared to see the Yankees win a thing.

All I have to say to that is that the long awaited and dreamed of Subway Series........well, you know how that went.:-)
Yeah, the Mets got robbed on a home run call early and it killed their momentum. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Grew up a Mets fan -- always detested the Yankees.

Evolving into a Red Sox fan over the past 20 years was made easier by the bitterness I already carried for the Bronx Bombers.

Go Phillies!
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:19 AM 10-29-2009
Mac....hope that Phillies pennant I sent you is PROUDLY displayed in your window!!:-)
[Reply]
Up