Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain Maduro vs. La Floridita Maduro
borndead1 11:19 AM 10-24-2009
Fired up a Cain maduro robusto and immediately found it lacking. I wondered if it was just my tastebuds, so I figured why not fire up a La Floridita maduro and smoke them side by side.

Nope, my tastebuds aren't fried. The Cain just has no flavor. Some wood flavor in the intial draw and through the nose, but no depth or dimension at all.

With the La Floridita, I get sweetness on the draw, wood and spice through the nose, and a tart cocoa on the finish.

La Floridita = perfect draw, a few burn touchups
Cain = perfect draw and burn

La Floridita maduro = $1.59/stick
Cain maduro = $5/stick

La Floridita = Winner
Cain = Loser

:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:24 AM 10-24-2009
People Jock Cain like nobodies business.... All Hype in my opinion. Decent smoke.. but nothing special... Literally just the new "flavor of the week"...

Day old cupcakes if you ask me!
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:47 AM 10-24-2009
Nice comparison...I am a fan of both sticks. Hell, I am a fan of most maduros period!!
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 12:22 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice comparison...I am a fan of both sticks. Hell, I am a fan of most maduros period!!
The know what a big maddie fan you are Mac....if you haven't tried it yet you "need" to try the 601 Maduro BP Blue....I was very surprised how good it is and have added it to my regular rotation of maduro smokes....and I love the Cain Maduro!
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:04 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
The know what a big maddie fan you are Mac....if you haven't tried it yet you "need" to try the 601 Maduro BP Blue....I was very surprised how good it is and have added it to my regular rotation of maduro smokes....and I love the Cain Maduro!
Larry...I have long since sampled the flavor treat that is the 601 Blue...DAMN FINE tasty stick indeed. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:28 PM 10-24-2009
Interesting. I tried a Cain, and found it much the same - lackluster and flavorless. Or course, mine was a Habano. Only thing is, I sent one to someone else before I smoked the one I got. So, I hope they are not to disappointed.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
borndead1 11:04 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Interesting. I tried a Cain, and found it much the same - lackluster and flavorless. Or course, mine was a Habano.

I tried one of those too, and also found it bland and one-dimensional.
[Reply]
poriggity 02:20 PM 10-25-2009
Being a fan of Nub, I REALLY wanted to like the Cain. I have smoked a bunch of each blend. EVERY ONE of them had construction issues and split on me. The flavors were not all that. I have found that I can get a Tabacos Baez SF, or Benchmade and get ALOT more flavor, for ALOT less money. Bums me out, because I really wanted to like the Cain.
Scott
[Reply]
acarr 11:47 PM 10-28-2009
It looks like the general consensus is that these are not that good. So I fired one up tonight anyways, the maduro. My thoughts are absolutely no taste from beginning to end. I think I would have rather had a pouch of Backwoods. The construction was good and burned nice but this thing was a dog rocket.:-)
[Reply]
Ratters 12:11 AM 10-29-2009
I really liked the Cain Habano, but found the Maduro to be on the bland side of yuck.
[Reply]
acarr 12:13 AM 10-29-2009
I will have to try the habano then. The maduro just looked so tasty with that almost black wrapper.
[Reply]
Up