Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Stradivarius churchill
Don Fernando 09:41 AM 10-21-2009
The Stradivarius is a creation by Daniel Nuñez, released for the first time in 2007 and is named after the famous violins. The blend consists of Nicaraguan, Dominican and Honduran tobacco as filler, an aged Dominican Havana seed binder and a 15 year aged Connecticut shade wrapper.

The packaging of this 7 ½ x 48 churchill is top notch, the cigars come in a marble look humidor case with 10 cigars, all individually packed in a varnished coffin with a nice “old style” wax stamp. Inside the coffin the cigars are wearing a cellophane coat. The band is simple, too simple when compared to the packaging.

The wrapper is a bit drab, pale brown but smooth and almost without veins. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. The cigar doesn’t have much aroma, I had to sniff several times before I managed to smell the faint hay aroma.

I get a warm but mild flavor that reminds me of coffee and licorice (the wood, not the candy), but the sweetness disappears soon, quickly followed by the coffee and the flavor changes into mild leather. At the 1/3rd point I taste some sweetness again, a bit caramel like. Halfway the flavors grow a bit in strength and that makes it easier to recognize them. The flavors are caramel and coffee and at 2/3rd the leather returns for a short amount of time. The final flavors are caramel and wood with a hint of licorice.

The amount of smoke starts of poor, but it slowly gets better. The smoke stays very thin though. The ash is quite light but firm. The draw started out fine but got harder with every puff, but my drawtool solved that. I have nothing bad to say about the burn

Would I buy this cigar again? No, even though it’s not a bad cigar I won’t buy it again because it is too mild and too expensive.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6 / 10
Aroma (last part) 6 / 10
[Reply]
OHRD 10:32 AM 10-21-2009
Nice, I've wondered about these...and I'll keep wondering, can't get permission from the boss to purchase that one!
[Reply]
kingcobradude 12:07 AM 11-14-2011
I have always wanted to try one. mainly because I love good violin music. be a good cigar to smoke while listening to a good violinist like mairead nesbitt, or the local classical music radio station
[Reply]
BryanB 07:37 PM 11-14-2011
Good cigar for something mild...but way to expensive.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up