Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Yokota Japan
Rohn 10:14 PM 10-20-2009
I was a member of the CA in Afghanistan (BAF). Are there any clubs in Tokyo or near Yokota?
[Reply]
Veritas 12:36 AM 10-21-2009
Are you looking for a B&M in that area or a social group?

For a B&M, I spent a lot of time at le Connaisseur in Shibuya. It's a small shop with a full bar and a limited selection of appetizers. The walk-in isn't the biggest, but the selection is OK. It's located a few blocks from the JR Shibuya station. I know that's quite a hike from Yakota, but would be occasionally worth it. They have patio seating just off the street, so it's a good place to people-watch. I also remember a very nice lounge in the Ginza district, but cannot remember anything specific (other than it was expensive as hell).

It's been so long since I was in Japan that I don't have any contacts there anymore. We had a cigar group that met at the O-club at NAF Atsugi every two/three weeks. I don't know if that still exists or not.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:43 AM 10-21-2009
We have a "Troops Room" here at CA, might be a good place to ask as well.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Good luck, and thank you for your service! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Rohn 02:39 AM 10-21-2009
Thanks for the help. What is a B&M?
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 03:13 AM 10-21-2009
Welcome, great seeing you in chat!
B&M is a brick and mortar, a local cigar store.
[Reply]
Rohn 07:20 AM 10-22-2009
ok. I will look it up. Thanks for the info
[Reply]
Veritas 08:18 AM 10-22-2009
No worries. I'm glad to help. There was another lounge that I went to a few times in the lobby of a big hotel, but I can't remember which one it was. I do remember that it was one of the nicer hotels and was located in/near Yebisu Plaza. I’ve sent an email to a buddy who went there with me to see if he remembers it. I’ll let you know when he responds.

There are some good restaurants in the area, so it was usually a dual-purpose trip. That is also the location of the Sapporo Beer Museum, so even without the cigar lounge it's worth going to.
[Reply]
Veritas 05:31 AM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by Veritas:
There was another lounge that I went to a few times in the lobby of a big hotel, but I can't remember which one it was.
The hotel was the Westin in the Yebisu Plaza. It was a small lounge with an absolutely top-shelf bar.
[Reply]
Rohn 03:30 AM 10-25-2009
Thanks Veritas... I will try to check them out ASAP.
[Reply]
novasurf 05:10 AM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by :
The hotel was the Westin in the Yebisu Plaza. It was a small lounge with an absolutely top-shelf bar.
I loved this place. Very small, but great service. Spent about 4 hours there. I want to go back. Another small location and tough to find was the cigar connoisseur location in Roppongi. A little more down to earth bar and atmosphere. Cigars were so so. Some were ratty.

Ebisu is your best bet for proximity to where you are.
The others are good for exploring when you have time off.

Good luck.
[Reply]
Up