Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Trying something new...
troy d. 08:00 PM 10-20-2009
I know that some may see this as being a little foolish, but I was smoking a cigar a few days ago and thinking about a illustration that I working on. Suddenly and without a lot of warning this thought of taking photographs came in to mind. As I kept smoking my cigar the thought of photography became more rapid in my mind and I started actually day dreaming. Is there anyone who can point me into the right direction. I don't want to be just picture man for the family. I would like to really try my hand at this and see where it leads. So if there is anyone who can give advice on how to proceed, I am willing to receive.:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:03 PM 10-20-2009
what?
[Reply]
timo 08:05 PM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by troy d.:
I know that some may see this as being a little foolish, but I was smoking a cigar a few days ago and thinking about a illustration that I working on. Suddenly and without a lot of warning this thought of taking photographs came in to mind. As I kept smoking my cigar the thought of photography became more rapid in my mind and I started actually day dreaming. Is there anyone who can point me into the right direction. I don't want to be just picture man for the family. I would like to really try my hand at this and see where it leads. So if there is anyone who can give advice on how to proceed, I am willing to receive.:-)
Ummm Buy a camera:-)
[Reply]
cricky101 08:08 PM 10-20-2009
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ht=photography

There are a lot of great photographers in the Asylum. Maybe check out some of the shots in that thread and send a PM or two.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 09:10 PM 10-20-2009
Get a digital camera, take a lot of photos. Don't spend too much money at first. True skill at taking pictures comes from the photographer, not the equipment. Better equipment just makes the tasks easier.
[Reply]
troy d. 09:40 PM 10-20-2009
Thank you guys for the advice, I am truly grateful.
[Reply]
Up