Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>In local news....
skidMarx 01:18 PM 10-20-2009
ForbesTraveler has named the town south of me (Crescent City, Calif.) as one of twenty best looking towns in America in its survey "20 Towns That Are Picture Perfect"

I think the reviewers were not there very long.

A Crescent City resident was arrested last week for sending threatening, racist e-mails to President Obama and his wife. He appeared in court yesterday and claimed he was exercising his right to free speech.

huh?

Lastly, The Crescent City Council approved a Veteran's Memorial over the objections of a local environmental group which claimed the memorial's lights would affect migrating seabirds and salmon...

LOL @ these people
__________________________________________________ _______
[Reply]
macpappy 01:44 PM 10-20-2009
Oh! You wacky west coasters.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 01:54 PM 10-20-2009
I'll tell ya what else interferes with migrating patterns of wild fowl .........

..... my hunger and a shotgun! :-)

But on topic, I know what you mean about reviewers kinda missing the mark. My town received some writeups in a few small travel guides about having a wonderfully designed downtown area, lots of cute shops and bakeries and eateries and such, small warehouses converted to apartments, perfect for people who want to work, live and shop in a small area without using a vehicle, blah blah blah, (and all that's true, including the blah blah) ..... oh ..... and being a very "Green Friendly" kind of place.

*ahem*

Ever hear of Eastman Kodak, now known as Eastman Chemical ? You know, this HUGE chemical factory that occupies more acreage than two or three downtowns and spews funky smells for miles around? Yeah, very "Green". :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:49 PM 10-20-2009
To nobody's surprise, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville named Antti Niemi his starting goalie for Wednesday's game against the Vancouver Canucks at the United Center.

"He's earned the opportunity," Quenneville said following Tuesday's practice. "I think he has played well and I think at one point in the year the competition from behind was something we were looking for."

Cristobal Huet has struggled badly in his last two starts, making it almost a no-brainer for Quenneville to turn to Niemi.
[Reply]
Cigargal 05:33 PM 10-20-2009
I have been to Cresent City many times. The reviewer was on acid.
[Reply]
skidMarx 05:59 PM 10-20-2009
The other reviews I've read on this area are like:

'...The freshest things in the local store is the bait...'
[Reply]
Up