Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Gulf Coast/East Coast......are we there yet?
Blueface 12:25 PM 10-20-2009
Is it a jinx to talk about it now?
Is it two or so weeks too early to discuss?
I hope not.

NO HURRICANES!!!
NONE IN SIGHT!!!

Man we have been fortunate this year and four years running now in Florida, since Wilma.

While hurricane season runs through 11/30, generally, once 10/31 comes around, with the cooler temperatures, seems anything that forms will be nothing but a nuisance and not a grave concern as June through October.

Right now, cooler temps in South Florida and East Coast. That helps tremendously.

I took a chance and removed all my patio shutter curtain tracks from the ground. I am banking we are done for 2009. Man would I love for my insurance to go down.
[Reply]
SSatVT 12:47 PM 10-20-2009
I sure hope you knocked on wood...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:55 PM 10-20-2009
I hope nothing happens anymore this year. Im sure my family on the gulf coast is thinking the same thing you are Carlos.
[Reply]
landhoney 01:39 PM 10-20-2009
It's funny, now that I am a homeowner I take hurricanes much more seriously then I used to*. I am very glad that we have been hurricane free for a while now....at least since I bought my house. :-)

*- See me going out in Wilma to throw a frisbee around, lots of fun throwing into the wind and it coming back and past me ~80-90 yards up the street. Or skateboarding with an open umbrella to push me along, etc. etc. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 01:42 PM 10-20-2009
We have had five straight days where the temperature didn't get over 75 during the day and it's been in the low to mid 40s in the morning. This is definitely a good sign because the surface water temperature in the Gulf should have started dropping some too. So I have my fingers crossed also.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:32 PM 10-20-2009
My mother in NC lost her trees to Hugo, and my uncle in Gulfport got smacked by both Camille and Katrina. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:02 PM 10-20-2009
It has been a strange summer in that respect. I was just saying the other day that I can only remember once this summer when the air even felt tropical. I kinda missed it!!!
[Reply]
Up