Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>A.J.Fernandez new blend.... Arsenio
Garbandz 09:11 AM 10-06-2009
Just saw these at my local shop.It is called Arsenio 2009. The A.J. Fernandez folks have a winner here.Rich,medium to full bodied,very well made,complex and very tasty.
The smokes are offered in boxes of 10,the wrapper is dark chocolate brown.There may not be many of these,my local shop ordered 40 boxes and they were sold out .I have only seen the robusto size,there may be other sizes,,,,,,,,,,,
[Reply]
Slavac 09:42 AM 10-06-2009
Price point?

Does it compare to the MOW?
[Reply]
AD720 10:05 AM 10-06-2009

:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 10:14 AM 10-06-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
That is what I thought as well when i saw the name. :-)
[Reply]
ZenSilk 02:38 PM 10-06-2009
Since it's in an "A Tribe Called Quest " song I'll take one.
[Reply]
Garbandz 09:02 AM 10-07-2009
the Arsenio is $6.00 here in NC.The only size is the robusto. The Man 'o War is spicier and more intensly flavored,perhaps due to the wrapper.This Arsenio is simply a wonderful smoke,it is selling very quickly here.I have a box in deep storage,I will give them a few months to develop and see what they are like...Garbandz
[Reply]
Slavac 09:39 AM 10-07-2009
If anyone can put their hands on one and would fancy a trade, I'll be your huckleberry. I'd like to try one of these.
[Reply]
Garbandz 10:45 AM 10-07-2009
I just got off the phone with my buddy Ron at Serious cigars.I got the last box of Arsenio he had,but he is going to re-order today.Call him if you want a box, his price is great,and he is a very nice guy.
I may offer a box split of these,who else is interested?
[Reply]
Slavac 12:30 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
I just got off the phone with my buddy Ron at Serious cigars.I got the last box of Arsenio he had,but he is going to re-order today.Call him if you want a box, his price is great,and he is a very nice guy.
I may offer a box split of these,who else is interested?
I'm down :-)
[Reply]
Silound 09:18 PM 10-07-2009
Myetch!

Smoked two and found both of them to be rolled poorly (one was a brick, the other was too loose and fell apart quickly. Neither had an particular taste I could pinpoint and take a liking to.

Overall, at $6 a stick, they're a crapshoot. I've got a box more that I'm going to sit on for a few weeks to see if they improve with some time to rest off the truck.
[Reply]
Garbandz 04:37 PM 10-16-2009
The local just got a second shipment and the blend is much richer than the first batch which had arrived a week earlier.Both are excellent,so get some of these and see for yourself. I am hoping that the next and subsequent smokes are like the second batch,they really are wonderful.My local shop has sold 20 boxes of these in less than 2 weeks in singles......
[Reply]
SmokinApe 04:34 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
Smoked two and found both of them to be rolled poorly (one was a brick, the other was too loose and fell apart quickly. Neither had an particular taste I could pinpoint and take a liking to.
These do sound wonderful....
[Reply]
Garbandz 08:04 PM 12-16-2009
I can hardly believe I still have not heard anything on the forums about the Arsenio 2009 by AJ Fernandez. My local shop has sold over 100 boxes in just a couple months,and has reordered again. All of my friends have put back a box or two to age them,this is one of the Top 5 Smokes for me this year.... Rich and full flavored,medium full strength, peppery and creamy,I have smoked 15 or so and all have been excellent....I highly recommend you find some and try them........
[Reply]
bigheadmark 04:18 PM 01-17-2010
If u like AJ fernandez cigars, then I STRONGLY encourage you to try the Diesel, which can be bought from CI...they're like $100 for a box of 30, and IMO they are phenomenal!!!
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:07 AM 01-18-2010
I dont think the Arsenio is an A.J Fernandez cigar. Correct me if I am wrong but Casa Fernandez cigars are not related to A.J Fernandez.
I still want to try one of these!

"In 2009 Paul Palmer of Casa Fernandez cigars released a special robusto size that was named after Arsenio Ramos who is Casa Fernandez/Aganorsa Tobacco's master cigar blender and tobacco agronomist. Arseno is a legend in his native Cuba and is quickly gaining the respect of the cigar public in the U.S. "
[Reply]
Kreth 06:15 AM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
I dont think the Arsenio is an A.J Fernandez cigar. Correct me if I am wrong but Casa Fernandez cigars are not related to A.J Fernandez.
I still want to try one of these!

"In 2009 Paul Palmer of Casa Fernandez cigars released a special robusto size that was named after Arsenio Ramos who is Casa Fernandez/Aganorsa Tobacco's master cigar blender and tobacco agronomist. Arseno is a legend in his native Cuba and is quickly gaining the respect of the cigar public in the U.S. "
Thanks for the clarification. I thought maybe he was a fan of crappy talkshows and we could expect to see Leno 2010... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 06:15 AM 01-18-2010
so far I liked most of the other blends they produce, might keep an eye out for these in the future. Thanks for the post
[Reply]
Deputy 10:23 AM 01-18-2010
AJ has hit winners time and time again. I will keep an eye out...I am a big fan so far.
[Reply]
Garbandz 02:42 PM 01-19-2010
The Arsenio is from Casa Fernandez.My bad........
[Reply]
Up