Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Smoke Room TV help
dunng 12:00 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Labman:
You know what would be sweet for a smoke room TV? A Zenith floor model...it'd give your smoking room a nice antiquey look. I wonder if you could get a LCD or plasma installed inside a Zenith case? Hmmmmmm. :-)
Sadly, my neighbors did that... :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 12:16 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Labman:
You know what would be sweet for a smoke room TV? A Zenith floor model...
I have one of these (15+ yrs old), and it WON'T DIE! And of course, my wife says, "We don't need a new TV. The one we have works fine." :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T.G 01:55 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I had the same issues as you just a few months ago and my collegue, who always worked as a sales rep for the display department of Pioneer told me to go for Plasma as Plasma is better then LCD, and she told me to go for Panasonic as they produce the best plasma's available.
They produce the only Plasmas now.

Every other manufacturer has pulled out of the plasma marketspace.
[Reply]
aich75013 02:05 PM 10-05-2009
If you need some HDMI cables, try here:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
I bought mine here and they work just as good as the extremely overpriced ones.

I used to frequent a Blu-Ray forum and monoprice cables were most recommended.
[Reply]
T.G 02:14 PM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
So I am going to get a tv for the indoor smoke room. Looking to spend less than $1000 ($999 is ok). I will be sitting about 8 ft from it.

Will have HD and the PS3 hooked to it.

My first venture into the world of Plasma/LCD/LED.

Anyone have any tips, suggestions, or advice is appreciated.

So far from my light recon work, the Panasonic 50" Plasma is the leader.

50" is fine, even a bit small for picking up the full detail of 1080 at that distance.

http://hdguru.com/lechner-distance-t...ng-an-hdtv/21/

Lechner's a bit nutty, but it's kind of hard to argue with him once you read his credentials.
[Reply]
jaycarla 04:06 AM 10-09-2009
Thanks all! Great stuff!!!
[Reply]
macpappy 05:34 AM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I have one of these (15+ yrs old), and it WON'T DIE! And of course, my wife says, "We don't need a new TV. The one we have works fine." :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow! 15 years old. I don't think I've ever kept a TV for more than 5 years. I'd find an excuse for it to die! Maybe a little assisted tv suicide:-)

I just convinced my wife we needed a new TV because of the federal mandate changing all broadcast TV to digital - and we have satellite!
[Reply]
AD720 07:34 AM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Wow! 15 years old. I don't think I've ever kept a TV for more than 5 years. I'd find an excuse for it to die! Maybe a little assisted tv suicide:-)

I just convinced my wife we needed a new TV because of the federal mandate changing all broadcast TV to digital - and we have satellite!
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 07:57 AM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Wow! 15 years old. I don't think I've ever kept a TV for more than 5 years. I'd find an excuse for it to die! Maybe a little assisted tv suicide

:-):-):-):-):-)

Wow!!! Where can I find one like your wife!?
[Reply]
jaycarla 02:36 AM 10-10-2009
Done deal! LG 47" LCD. Fully loaded and good to go. Mancave is now operational!!

[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 05:04 PM 10-11-2009
Awesome! :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up