Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>The Drew Estate Natural & Pipe Tobacco Experiment
Emjaysmash 12:14 AM 09-27-2009
So I took a DE Natural Root and placed it in my pipe tobacco tupperdor full of English blends and let it simmer for one month. I came back to it today to see how my experiment turned out.

The cigar had a prelight aroma of a strong English blend. Prelight flavor was slightly sweet with a bit of smokiness.
After lighting the cigar had no pipe tobacco flavors whatsoever; and had a sweet candy subtlety to it but was mostly bland. The one thing that did wow me about this cigar was how the smoke felt in on my palate. This has to be the single most creamy/velvety cigar I have evertasted. The texture was almost like having a mouth full of whipped cream- truly something I have never experienced in a cigar before!

In the end this experiment proved interesting but fell short flavor wise.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:17 AM 09-27-2009
The "Mad Dr" MJ!!
[Reply]
drevim 12:35 AM 09-27-2009
Might suggest an extended stay in the pipe tobacco (upwards of 1 year), to get a more noticable taste. I think this may be why you tasted the English in the beginning, it had coated the wrapper, but not permiated the binder/filler.

Or it may make no difference at all.. :-)
[Reply]
Up