Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you use other tobacco products?
Nope! Cigars are my one, true nicotine vice. 128 51.20%
Yes, cigarettes. 24 9.60%
Yes, other products (chew, etc.). 39 15.60%
I used to, but now it's only cigars. 59 23.60%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Do you use other nicotine products?
G G 09:38 AM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Copenhagen...going on 30+ years now.
I knew I liked you for some reason, just didn't know why til now.:-)
[Reply]
OLS 05:50 PM 09-28-2009
Originally Posted by Scottastic:
Was just curious. I'm quitting cigarettes (13 days cig free!) and wanted to know what other's experiences were.
You are now as free as you will ever be. But you have to stay away from your triggers. Mine was weed. I quit very effectively
many times, and had no need to ever start up again. But if I ever went anywhere knowing that I would be smoking a joint or
taking home weed, I would get some cigs. One called for the other. 6 or 8 months of smoke-freeness down the tubes.
For many, social alcohol is the trigger. Could you stay away from it? That doesn't mean you will go back to smoking, but
you will be tested like you can't believe. Patches, gum...all that crap is useless. You only need to stop, and show some
backbone, and stay away from triggers for a while.
[Reply]
BlackDog 05:59 PM 09-28-2009
I voted "Yes, other products." I use nasal snuff several times per day, and smoke an occasional pipe, but mostly I smoke cigars. Never smoked a cigarette.
[Reply]
cherrybomb 07:22 AM 10-02-2009
keep it up Scott!! I have been cigarette free for 7 months now and it is easier than you can ever imagine. It is all a mental game. Pm me if you ever need any advice or support
[Reply]
Savvy 07:45 AM 10-02-2009
I've used most kinds of tobacco at one time or another...

Started smoking cigarettes in the military...quit after about 5 months as I found it rather pointless and I didn't really enjoy it, it was more of something I just did to get out of work for a bit and BS with some of the guys.

I chewed in the military as well. Did it at tech school, passed the time in the dorms with a dip in (broke a couple of the rules in the dorms...) again it was purely social. Quit after tech school.

I occasionally will smoke hookah with a few friends, but it's a pretty irregular thing. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't hate it either.

I've used snus. I kind of enjoyed it, and I may buy some more in the future...

I use snuff in the autumn/winter. I also talk my friends into trying it, most of them like it. I have to thank ReplicantArgent and ScottishSmoker for getting me into the world of snuff. I'll be ordering some more of it soon, seeing as its starting to get to be that time of year again.

I have a decent collection of pipes, and I usually smoke them in the cooler months. My piping has been kicking up again, and I like it :-)

Been smoking cigars for about the last three years. Had a lot of fun with it, met a lot of good people through it, one of my better decisions of things to do in the last three years. I don't intend to quit, ever. Although my smoking has dropped a bit since I've gone into the military, I still have a nice stockpile, and I very much enjoy the hobby.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:21 PM 10-03-2009
Why wouldn't I? :-)
[Reply]
RightAJ 06:45 AM 10-08-2009
Anything and everything!!! Gotta love the taste of a nice cheek or Red or a lip once in a while. Cigs a few times a week, and a pipe about every 2 or 3. What can I say? I love my tobacy :-)

Cigars are my thing though. The others are just when I can't have a cigar or I'm in the mood for them which is usually not too often.

aj
[Reply]
gbum 07:08 AM 10-08-2009
never smoke a cigarette in my whole life...
4-5 years back really into hookah...then totally stop ...even cant stand the smell...

get hook to cigar and never turning back..
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:12 AM 10-08-2009
I voted no but I did smoke a hookah for the first time this past week.
[Reply]
Labman 07:15 AM 10-08-2009
No to cigarettes, chew baccy, and snuff...but, I have smoked a pipe before in the past. I haven't had a bowl in a long time...maybe I should spark one up again.
[Reply]
tam 07:53 PM 10-23-2009
I've cut back drastically with cigars because of where I live, then picked up with cigarettes. >_< I've done the e-cigs and they help with cig cravings (usually at work or driving.) I've never gotten to the pack-a-day smoker status so the e-cig is more of a toy than anything else. It's more of a e-hookah because the "juice" I have is fruit and "Red Bull" flavored. :-)
[Reply]
fyrftr 11:28 AM 10-25-2009
I voted 'Yes, other products (chew, etc.). '

Cigars in the summer and the pipe when it gets too cold to smoke outside. Been smoking a pipe on & off for 'several' years. New to cigars this summer. Tried chew once. Never again!! Tried cigs for a week when I was in high school, didn't like it.

Tim L.
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 11:02 PM 10-30-2009
umm Cigars and little cigars....thats it. I used to do chewing tobacco...and the occasional cig (which I'm replacing with little cigars) ....thats about it.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 01:41 AM 10-31-2009
I haven't smoked cigarettes in almost two years. I still use Cope occasionally, but other than cigars, it's mainly the briar and snus when I'm at work.
[Reply]
kzm007 03:12 AM 11-04-2009
Just bought my first pouch of Workhorse chewing tobacco. Kind of like it, but the oral cancer also spooks me a bit.

Starting in on pipes too, but chew is easiest for me indoors.
[Reply]
RightAJ 05:30 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by kzm007:
Just bought my first pouch of Workhorse chewing tobacco. Kind of like it, but the oral cancer also spooks me a bit.

Starting in on pipes too, but chew is easiest for me indoors.
Grab some Redman Gold Blend or Beachnut... they're the best of the chew. They have that sweet, raisiny flavor :-) Yum!

aj
[Reply]
kayaker 05:36 AM 11-04-2009
I voted Cigars only, but really I used to smoke cigarettes a LONG time ago. I wasn't addicted though so I don't know if it counts.

I smoke a pipe on a very rare occasion but don't own my own.

Tried chewing tobacco a long time ago and didn't like it that much.

Good luck with quitting the coffin nails. :-)
[Reply]
Barteur 05:39 AM 11-04-2009
Voted cigars only, never smoked anything else. Don't we love these cigars:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up