Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Berger & Argenti Entubar Robusto Cigar Review Vide
kaelaria 10:25 PM 09-24-2009

This 5 1/4 x 54 stick offered a very consistent flavor profile of deep rich tobacco flavor with touches of leather in the first 1/2 and a bit of barnyard appearing through the second. The finish was very long with a mild pepper flavor and tingle on the tongue. The draw was on the loose side with the perfect amount of resistance for a smooth burn all the way down. The ash was remarkable for holding on to about 4″ before falling off in one large column. Total smoke time was 1 1/2 hours to the nub with 1″ remaining, also fairly remarkable in the fact that it stayed consistent in flavor and temperature all the way to that nub. http://cigarobsession.com/2009/09/25...-cigar-review/
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:15 AM 09-25-2009
Thanks for sharing...never heard of this stick before.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 02:06 AM 09-25-2009
Never seen or heard about those before, thanks for sharing, might see if I can find a few son I can try it and have Don Fernando review it.
[Reply]
OHRD 01:22 PM 10-02-2009
I've got one of these sitting in the humidor; I've seen some awesome pictures of the ashes on these babies...looks really good.
[Reply]
lenguamor 08:37 PM 12-15-2011

Smoked one of these tonight at Cuban Crafters; I wonder how many know that the Berger in the nameplate is none other than Don Kiki! We also had the pleasure of meeting Al Argenti there on Tuesday night, and he was kind enough to gift everyone there a maduro version of this.

The pic above is a stock photo, as I didn't think to record the burning.

I'm sorry to say that I did not enjoy this one; the initial, pre-light impression was similar to that of a Sancho with some age on it, but the cigar did not live up to its promise.

It was a cigar of extremes; extreme salt (good!), extreme amounts of smoke (good!), extreme pepper (meh...) and extreme nicotine. Very one-dimensional, but it flat kicked my butt, and that's the exact reverse of what I want in a cigar.

I can't judge for anyone else, and I suppose that if you favor the extreme end of the strength and pepper spectrum you might enjoy this. It's just not for me.
[Reply]
Ogre 08:46 PM 12-15-2011
These are awesome cigars. I also love the Quad Maduro of the same name.
[Reply]
kuzi16 08:47 PM 12-15-2011
i thought this cigar was mediocre at best. it looks and feels gimmicky. the flavors were unremarkable. i wasnt mad at it, but i dont need to rush out and get any. ever.
[Reply]
Up