Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Original claro lancero
Don Fernando 05:22 AM 09-24-2009
On our US trip we stopped at the Island smoke shop on Key Largo FL to meet Bill aka Madurofan. He handed us a lancero claro from their house blend El Original and I liked it so much that I bought a box, and it won’t be the last box I buy.

The cigars are packed in a nice wooden box and then individually packed in cellophane. The 7 x 39 lancero has a nice small pigtail and the light wrapper is almost without veins. The predraw is good, just as the construction and the cigar has a nice barnyard aroma.

I taste some white pepper on my tongue and leather in my mouth. This cigar has a Cubanesque flavor profile with some added pepper. After 2 inch none of the original flavors are noticeable, all I taste are nuts and that flavor is growing stronger and stronger.

I get a lot of thick smoke from this cigar, and the burn is straight. The ash is light gray and firm. The draw is just fine.

When I lit the cigar and took my first puff I thought this would be a full bodied cigar, but the strength mellowed out a bit and the cigar turned out to be a medium bodied cigar, but full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? No doubt about it.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 8 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:27 AM 09-24-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie!!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:00 AM 09-24-2009
You are covering all my fav. smokes today, Ferdie!:-) Bill is a first class guy & member, here. That smoke is fantastic and a great one with your morning coffee! I always keep these around!:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:03 AM 09-24-2009
The El Originals are one of the few "house blends/brands" actually worth it. These are great cigars period.
[Reply]
dunng 06:10 AM 09-24-2009
Thanks for the review! :-)

I like these as well, Bob had sent me some samples! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:22 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Bill is a first class guy
:-)

I can only advice everybody that is in Southern Florida or is going there on a break or vacation: go visit Bill.
[Reply]
Up