Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Thank you all. This place rocks!
TheTraveler 08:30 AM 09-23-2009
First let me say that we've got a good mix of good people here in the Asylum. I've read a few posts over the last week that touched me, entertained me, made me laugh, irritated me, or informed me and educated me. I really, REALLY enjoy this place. You folks are definitely interesting and often informative, but always entertaining! :-)

I'd like to show my appreciation to everyone on this forum by hitting you with a handful of good smokes but my pockets just aren't that deep. So many different characters here have touched my life in some way that when I see a post asking for a single person's name I just have a terrible time picking only one! But as wonderful as you all can be we'd not have this place if it weren't for the TOE.

With the one year anniversary coming up in mid October I propose that over the next 2 or 3 weeks we let each member of the TOE know how thankful we are that they went out on a limb and opened the doors to this Asylum we've come to love. I'm not suggesting mass bombings or anything like that --- although that would be AWESOME to watch! Just little things to let them know we appreciate them. I'm sure many of you already do this but some of us, me for one, may not have adequately expressed our gratitude. So put a thank you card in the mail, pick up the phone, send a nice email, UPS a box of cookies or jar of peanut butter, whatever floats your boat. Just let them know how awesome we think this place is.

For me, I've got one member of the TOE in my sights now. I don't have big guns or anything but a little thank you sometimes goes a long way. I'd like to hit them all with a little cigar lovin' but that will take a while! :-)

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Just read a few posts over the last couple of days that brought this thought to my mind.

A big thanks to the TOE and also a thanks to all of you for making this a really cool community. :-)

THANK YOU ALL !!!

(now to contact the keeper of the rolodex to get that addy!)
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:55 AM 09-23-2009
We would feel a bit silly with only eleven members :-)

Seriously though,it's all of you that make CA the place it is. We thank all of you for being here with us. You folks rock!
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:10 AM 09-23-2009
Great post & idea Jonathan!

Amen brother.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 09:22 AM 09-23-2009
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:25 AM 09-23-2009
The Team of Eleven just signed the lease.....YOU all make it "Home". :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:27 AM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The Team of Eleven just signed the lease.....YOU all make it "Home". :-)
My cable isn't working. See what you can do before I make the rent payment. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:28 AM 09-23-2009
Yes, it does!

[Reply]
icehog3 09:41 AM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
My cable isn't working. See what you can do before I make the rent payment. :-)
I am sorry, cable is the tenant's cross to bear. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:49 PM 09-23-2009
Nice thread!! :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:52 PM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
We would feel a bit silly with only eleven members :-)
:-):-)

I came for the cigars but I stayed for the friendship.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:14 PM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
:-):-)

I came for the cigars but I stayed for the friendship.
Good thing you said "friendship" and not "people", or there might be a copyright infringement issue with Da Klugs, Bao. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:15 PM 09-23-2009
Good thing you said "friendship" and not "people", or there might be a copyright infringement issue with Da Klugs, Bao. :-)
took that into account already sir :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:21 PM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
took that into account already sir :-)
We must have the same lawyer. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:31 PM 09-23-2009
We must have the same lawyer. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
skullnrose 03:02 PM 09-23-2009
After reading the OP I sat for a few mins thinking back to they day I discovered where everyone had run off to. It took me a few months to find you all but the day I walked in the door here I knew this was home. Seeing the familiar strange little names and realizing what the TOE did put a smile on my face that's here to stay.

Whether you are a long time member or you just joined today you can't help but realize that, The Cigar Asylum is as a special place.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 07:01 PM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
After reading the OP I sat for a few mins thinking back to they day I discovered where everyone had run off to. It took me a few months to find you all but the day I walked in the door here I knew this was home. Seeing the familiar strange little names and realizing what the TOE did put a smile on my face that's here to stay.

Whether you are a long time member or you just joined today you can't help but realize that, The Cigar Asylum is as a special place.

[Reply]
Up