Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Petrus reposado #6000
Don Fernando 08:55 AM 09-22-2009
This Petrus Reposado #6000 is a Dominican budget cigar that can be found for a price around 50 bucks for a box of 20. The cigars are made by Felipe Gregorio out of Nicaraguan filler and a Cuban seed sun grown maduro wrapper.

The oily wrapper is dark, but with some stains and it has some small and 2 big veins. The torpedo has a strange sharp but crooked top. The cigar is banded with a simple but tasteful band and a small band at the foot of the cigar too. The full aroma reminds me of wood and straw. The band at the foot is quite sticky and it was hard to get it off without damaging the cigar. The cigar feels well packed, except for the foot that feels a bit under filled. The predraw is a bit easy and has a peppery flavor.

I get a full burned coffee flavor, it is a bit bitter. That flavor stays for the first part of the cigar but then another bitter flavor, one of dark chocolate joins in with the coffee and I like that. Some puffs later some woods accompanies the coffee and dark chocolate. The structure of the smoke is mild creamy.

The amount of smoke is good, but the smoke is a bit thin. The burn is frayed and crooked with an easy draw. The ash is ugly and dark and not to mention pretty frayed.

This budget cigar is medium bodied, medium flavored and it lasted me some 75 minutes while watching a football (real football, not the helmet & shoulder pats wearing sport where you throw the ball with your hands but still call it football kinda sport) game.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, price/quality this is a good cigar and it makes a nice ‘give away’ or yardgar

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:59 AM 09-22-2009
Well as you just "gave away" this one to me, I'll look forward to lighting it up. I'll smoke it over a fire soon.
[Reply]
ade06 09:27 AM 09-22-2009
Nice review and good to see you back in the fold. I like these yard gars too which can be snagged on the devil site for around $1.50 a stick!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:00 PM 09-22-2009
Nice review Ferdie...you're torching 'em fast and furious huh?
[Reply]
Up