Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Cold Remedies - HELP!
SchizoFilly 10:57 AM 09-18-2009
My grandfather swore by Jim Beam with crushed peppermint in it. To the point that the Beam looked almost pink. It is not a very tasty drink, but you get the first one down and you really don't care what they taste like after that, or that you have a cold.
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:02 AM 09-18-2009
just like I told Greg...:-)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...63&postcount=9
[Reply]
Blueface 11:03 AM 09-18-2009
Al,
This may sound like an old wive's tail but I assure you, when my wife and I have a bad cold, this does seem to help shake it faster.

Get a bunch of limes and squeeze them into a little pot.
Heat the crap out of it until it nearly starts boiling. Add honey.

Hold your nose and drink it as hot as you can. Take a couple of aspirin or cold medicine with it.
After you drink it, jump in bed and sweat your butt off.
Crap works. You will feel better.
[Reply]
Pilon 11:18 AM 09-18-2009
hot tea with honey and lemon juice. Taste like chit but makes you sweat it out. portuguese remedy i guess ha
[Reply]
Pilon 11:18 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Al,
This may sound like an old wive's tail but I assure you, when my wife and I have a bad cold, this does seem to help shake it faster.

Get a bunch of limes and squeeze them into a little pot.
Heat the crap out of it until it nearly starts boiling. Add honey.

Hold your nose and drink it as hot as you can. Take a couple of aspirin or cold medicine with it.
After you drink it, jump in bed and sweat your butt off.
Crap works. You will feel better.
Didn't see this first. Same thing I guess but more drinkable with tea.
[Reply]
ade06 12:04 PM 09-18-2009
I use "airborne" at the first signs of a cold and use it every 4 hours IF the cold lasts more then the initial day. The honey and lemon works well too. Lastly, make sure you drink lots of tea/water/O.J., etc. and get plenty of sleep. Hope you feel better!
[Reply]
longknocker 12:10 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
If you have a fever, go to the doctor to make sure you don't have H1N1.
Very Good Advice! Hope you feel better, Bro. See Dave's post on my thread "Oh, Noooooo!" for an immune system booster he uses.:-)
[Reply]
Slavac 02:09 PM 09-18-2009
Check your mailbox, that may help.
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:09 PM 09-18-2009
Thanks guys. Looks like I will stop at the drug store as well as the grocery and pick up a few things.

Thank again for all the ideas and well wishes.
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:10 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
Check your mailbox, that may help.
You need to be put on a time out. :-)
[Reply]
Poronico 02:18 PM 09-18-2009
It all breaks down to what symptoms you are having. I am sick right now also, I have been experiencing Chest congestion, Head Congestion, aches and pain, fever, extreme cough, and runny nose. I went with a couple products to cover all the symptoms and increased my water intake by a substantial amount. Comtrex cold and cough is awesome with (Pseudophedrine for head congestion with chlorphenaramine to dry it all up. Dextromethorphan or DM to kill the cough with tylenol for aches and fever) I took Cheratussin AC which in some states you can buy OTC it is the same ingredient in mucinex with codeine in it. if you cant get it then I would highly recommend Mucinex and TONS of water. If the aches and fever get a little worse I take 1 additional Ibuprofen to curb the issues. The little things from paying attention to working in a pharmacy :-)
[Reply]
taltos 04:54 AM 09-19-2009
I swear by Alka Seltzer Cold Formula or the remedies such as Thera Flu that is dissolved in hot water. Orange juice or chicken broth also helps. To get to the point where you don't notice the symptoms, advise vodka in the OJ and a fifth of JW Black. Hope that you feel better.:-)
[Reply]
timo 05:26 AM 09-19-2009
I didn't realize we had so many doctor's here:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 05:49 AM 09-19-2009
No matter how old or young you are
No matter what you take or don't take
No matter where you live (Florida or New Jersey, OR even Mass)
No matter if you wnt outside without your scarf on

There's nothin you can really do about colds IMHO. Everybody gets em and they all seem to last 3 to 10 days no matter what we take or don't take. I believe it's part of the body's "recycling, rejuvinating" program. Kinda like auto oil change if you will.

I'm sorry you feel like chit Al, but I'm sure it'll be over in the next week or so as most colds are.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:27 AM 09-19-2009
Late to the party, here, but I hope you're doing better, Al. :-)

I rarely catch colds, but when I do, Alka Seltzer Cold during the day and Nyquil at night generally takes care of symptoms. And plenty of fluids.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up