Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>For Noobs and FOG's Alike
ahc4353 02:26 PM 09-16-2009
At CA I have met people that I otherwise would never have had the opportunity to meet. Funny, generous, kind, humble, honorable and giving people. Some of these great folks I have been lucky enough to shake their hand and have a cigar with. Many others I have not, but hope to one day.

Another group that I found here was the Troops, yes the soldiers. The men and women that serve and protect the country I love and the life I have the freedom to enjoy. These people ask for nothing and give everything. Here on CA a generous few give a tremendous amount of time, money and cigars as a thank you to these courageous people. I try very hard to support the troops where and when I can. A sticker group buy or a raffle that supports the troops is about all I can do in these trying times. It's not much but it's something. If more of us would do "just a little something" it would add up to whole lot. I would like to ask each of you to do what you can, when you can, to help bring a few smiles to those so far away.

Take a look in the Troop Support section. Look at the pictures and all the smiles that our small gifts create. After that give some thought to what you can do to help. Maybe it's a $5.00 donation or maybe you go clean out the humi of those cigars that were just such a great deal you had to buy yet they just don't fit your tastes anymore and send those to macms for forwarding to the troops.

Whatever it is it will help.
Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:29 PM 09-16-2009
This recently retired 1SG seconds this...great point Al!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 03:32 PM 09-16-2009
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
md4958 06:06 PM 09-16-2009
Great post Al. The Troop Support cigar vault is running on empty these days. Any contributions would be greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
BigBruce 06:13 PM 09-16-2009
I'll agree with you as well Al. I know when I was over in Afghan it made my day to get a package in from CA. I know times are hard but hopefully we can get some troop support going. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:17 PM 09-16-2009
HOORAH! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:20 PM 09-16-2009
Just put some cigars in a pass that is headed to the Troops Al...and I hope to have that cigar with you someday soon.
[Reply]
Poronico 12:42 AM 09-17-2009
This is why I am proud to call myself a Brother of the Leaf. You guys go so far out of your way to make sure people know they are appreciated, be it handing out an amazing cigar at a HERF or making a contribution to the troops or any other cause for that matter. My brother is a 1st Sgt with 3-2 striker brigade out of Ft. Lewis, Wa hearing from him first hand how the smallest token means so much for those men and women over there really brings it home and makes even the little things we do for them worth it.
[Reply]
dunng 04:24 AM 09-17-2009
:-)
[Reply]
md4958 06:43 AM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Just put some cigars in a pass that is headed to the Troops Al...and I hope to have that cigar with you someday soon.
Ive had a cigar with him Tom... its overrated :-)

[Reply]
Old Sailor 08:59 AM 09-17-2009
[Reply]
Slavac 09:30 AM 09-17-2009
Sending out a little something this wknd. Need to go shopping first :-)
[Reply]
DonniePaul 09:58 AM 09-17-2009
Package will be put together this weekend and mailed Monday.

Thanks to the troops for all they do for us.
[Reply]
ahc4353 10:02 AM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Slavac:
Sending out a little something this wknd. Need to go shopping first :-)
Thank you.

Originally Posted by DonniePaul:
Package will be put together this weekend and mailed Monday.

Thanks to the troops for all they do for us.
Thank you.
[Reply]
Up