Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Coooool Brees!
macpappy 07:21 AM 09-14-2009
Yeah. I know. Reggie Bush was Reggie Bush. He didn't do anything spectacular. Yeah. I know. The Saints "D" let the Detroit kittens stay around too long. (Actually it was a special teams screw-up and a fumble - NOT by Bush that kept Detroit in the game).

But....

How about Drew Brees! Now that was a performance by a quarterback and an offense! At times I thought, this is just another pre-season exhibition!
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:03 PM 09-14-2009
He is gonna have a monster year!!
[Reply]
OLS 07:10 AM 09-22-2009
Last year it was kind of poignant. Both Drew and his buddy Sean Payton spoke before the last game
of the season and said that they were not going to go all pass-crazy just casue Drew Brees was
within 400 yards of Dan Marino's single season passing record. But somehow you just knew.
So last play of the game, Drew has time AND a reciever downfield PAST the yardage marker needed
for the record, (maybe 15 yds) and he dumps the pass at the guys feet. NOW, you tell me, did he WANT to
break the record? I didn't know what to feel. But I am very happy for all the Saints this season
so far, and my friends in NO for their reward. You don't have to be a Saints fan to know they have
waited a LOOOooonnng time for this day. And last Sunday I was ex-TREMEly lucky. Titans were on
another network, Dallas was in the night game, and apparently St. Louis was not available at noon
and the Memphis station showed the Saints. A once or twice a year occurrence. Boy was I thrilled
I got to watch my boys on TV.
[Reply]
icantbejon 07:21 AM 09-22-2009
I have been blown away since SD let Brees go. He was an all-pro and they had an unproven rookie behind him...granted a talented rookie who has done well since he stepped up. None the less, Brees has been a stud around the league for a few years now. Arguably the best QB in the league right now.
[Reply]
forgop 07:56 AM 09-22-2009
And I had the pleasure of watching him at Purdue for 4 years. It's also been nice to see him come to events back on campus over the last few years. I've had many things signed by him.
[Reply]
Up