Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Robusto
tuxpuff 05:20 PM 09-11-2009
Size - 4.75x50
Wrapper - USA, Lancaster
Binder - Habano DR
Filler - Nic / DR

I picked up a 4pack sampler. Apparently the Seleccion only comes in the sampler...although they have pics of boxes on their website. The wrapper is grown in Lancaster, PA so I had to give it a shot. There were a couple of large veins...one being right down the middle. Extremely firm feel. Aroma is perfume'ish and tobacco. Prelight draw is very chocolaty.

First third - The initial draw was slightly dry. Flavors of cedar and tobacco. Spicy nose exhale. Also coming into the picture is a very woody flavor. Decent amount of smoke present. Very short and light aftertaste. Eventually this moves into a full on tobaccco flavor.

Second third - Mainly tobacco flavors now with hints of leather. The aftertaste is gaining in intensity of strength and length. The smoke turns very smooth with chocolaty flavors. Aftertaste now full of mocha flavor with only the smallest hint of spiciness.

Last third - Continues to increase in length and intensity in the aftertaste. Smooth chocolaty smoke packed with tobacco flavors. Good burn throughout.

This was a pretty darn good smoke if you're into the flavor profile. Builds in strength throughout. Recommended to pick up a 4pack sampler from cigarmonster (I think mine was $12)...at least to try 4 different wrapper cigars with the same filler and binder blend.

[Reply]
kelmac07 05:22 PM 09-11-2009
Thanks for the review...sitting on one of these in the humi.
[Reply]
Skywalker 05:46 PM 09-11-2009
I just had one last week!!!

These are friggin' great!!!:-)

Thanks for the review... I was going to post one but now I don't have to!!!
:-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 08:53 PM 09-11-2009
Another great review. I'm a fan of the PdR line. I've had the oscuro, HSG, and classico, and I have a Seleccion sitting in the humi. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 07:44 AM 09-12-2009
I guess we started at different ends of the sampler Eddie!
[Reply]
vankleekkw 08:51 AM 09-12-2009
I need to try the other two in the sampler. The HSG and Oscuro is great.
[Reply]
Fumes 10:08 PM 09-17-2009
Nice pics! I can't see that much detail with my own eyeballs. I have one of these in the humi that I got with a sampler... think I'll have to try it now. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
njstone 10:18 PM 09-17-2009
nice review ... sounds great!
[Reply]
scooter 09:06 AM 09-20-2009
Thanks for the great review.
[Reply]
hank_612 01:49 PM 09-20-2009
They are available in stores also. We have all 4 PDR lines at our shop in stl.
[Reply]
Up