Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>A.F. Hemmingway Question
LT Rich 07:11 AM 09-09-2009
Well I am back in the Stan again, and I noticed a trend developing from last deployment; all of my hemmingway's crack as I smoke them when I am in Afghanistan. I keep the cigars in a tupador, so humidity should be fine. I think the craking is due to the extreme humidity differences from the humi to the desert. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,

LT :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:19 AM 09-09-2009
Pretty common with these! The wrappers are delicate anyway. I live in a dry climate and this happens often. Try dry boxing for a day or two! This will allow the cigar to acclimate!:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 07:30 AM 09-09-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Pretty common with these! The wrappers are delicate anyway. I live in a dry climate and this happens often. Try dry boxing for a day or two! This will allow the cigar to acclimate!:-)

:-)

Roger that!
[Reply]
shilala 07:40 AM 09-09-2009
Double Roger that. :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:46 AM 09-09-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Wow this guy finally had something worth saying :-):-)

Agreed for once.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:57 AM 09-09-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:

Agreed for once.
And it wasn't about the Arganese!! LOL!!
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:26 AM 09-09-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:

Agreed for once.
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
And it wasn't about the Arganese!! LOL!!
That sound was the noise made by me storming out of here!!!:-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:23 PM 09-09-2009
These have the thinnest wrapper I think I've ever seen . Good advice here , hope it works out for you . My family and I thank you for your service .
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:26 PM 09-09-2009
Typical of a cameroon wrapper. They flake like crazy in dry weather.
[Reply]
shilala 06:52 PM 09-09-2009
Jason decided to buy those anejos I was selling, so I'm gonna hook him up with a tupperdor, some 60% beads, and some smokes for his buddies.
That should solve the desert problem. :-)
I had a box of blowing up La Coronadas that couldn't handle the weather this summer. I wish I'd have thrown the box in a bag with a hygro to see just how wet they are. It took a month or two for them to dry out and settle down, now they're fine.
Delicious, too. :-)
[Reply]
Jimbo14 07:42 PM 09-09-2009
Cameroon wrappers are generally more brittle.
[Reply]
Up