Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>I had a Dog Rocket today thanks to......
Skywalker 08:21 PM 09-05-2009
I love my BOTL/SOTL here but let's face it a few dog rockets have made there way around!!!

I have smoked my share but aside from sending a PM there is nowhere to post my gratitude for such a rare gift... until now!

This thread is not meant for insults but rather gratitude, and the attitude of "it's the thought that counts"!

So with that...

[Reply]
Darrell 08:23 PM 09-05-2009
I thought I have made posts in poor taste, you take the cake. :-)

I'll start.

I had a dog rocket thanks to Skywalker. It was some Arganese PC and tasted like I imagine it tastes after a vulture craps in your mouth.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:25 PM 09-05-2009
Thanks to my good friend, and fellow BABOTL, Lance (BC-Axeman) I had my first (and hopefully my last) Tamboril Sumatra Torpedo!!!

I appreciate the opportunity to smoke this cigar!
:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:26 PM 09-05-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:

I'll start.

I had a dog rocket thanks to Skywalker. It was some Arganese PC and tasted like I imagine it tastes after a vulture craps in your mouth.
You're welcome!!!:-)
[Reply]
kydsid 08:45 PM 09-05-2009
One mans pile of **** is another mans living.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:48 PM 09-05-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Too true!!!:-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:24 PM 09-05-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:45 AM 09-06-2009
I love the concept behind this tread... The worst is when a new BOTL pics up cigars that they are proud of and you need to choke one down in their support. I know quite a few BTOLs who fit in this category, after the 10th cigar from one feller I begged "no more, uncle... you win." We all start out like that though, I remember having huge stashes of the worst cigars imaginable and thinking I was the man, lol...
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:08 AM 09-06-2009
Anything that Darrell gives are dog rockets!!! JK!
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:19 PM 09-06-2009
It's funny that we all say, "Smoke what you like"... but what if what I like is a dog rocket to everyone else???:-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:59 PM 09-06-2009
I picked up some dog rockets in the yard today thanks to my German Shepherd!
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:59 PM 09-06-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:

I'll start.

I guess this thread is the only way Darrell can get credit for the smokes he sends out!! :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 05:08 PM 09-06-2009
I don't care what yall say, I love Darrell's Arganese Maduros!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:09 PM 09-06-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
It's funny that we all say, "Smoke what you like"... but what if what I like is a dog rocket to everyone else???:-)
At least you enjoy it!! :-) Plus, those that call it a dog rocket aren't buying it.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:20 PM 09-06-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
I don't care what yall say, I love Darrell's Arganese Maduros!
:-) X2! They do need 6 months or so rest, however, IMHO.
[Reply]
sikk50 07:17 PM 09-06-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) X2! They do need 6 months or so rest, however, IMHO.
I'll let you know how I feel on that if I can ever keep some that long!! :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:36 PM 09-06-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
I guess this thread is the only way Darrell can get credit for the smokes he sends out!! :-)
Hahaha come on they're not all dog rockets, they're Arganese!!
[Reply]
T.G 08:01 PM 09-07-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Then you'll save an asston worth of money buying them off of cbid.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:13 PM 09-07-2009
I lit up one of the smokes I got from my uncle called a Vivaldi. The band was made to look like a Davidoff band. It tasted like coffee that had rotten milk poured in it. It was also harsh and burnt tasting too. I was amazed at how bad it was. I wish I had more :-).
I had to take it apart after three puffs to see if there was anything foreign in it. There was no binder or at least the binder was the wrapper. Long filler. Just raunchy. I sprayed it with the hose and threw it into the woods to scare the skunks away.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:17 PM 09-07-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I lit up one of the smokes I got from my uncle called a Vivaldi. The band was made to look like a Davidoff band. It tasted like coffee that had rotten milk poured in it. It was also harsh and burnt tasting too. I was amazed at how bad it was. I wish I had more :-).
I had to take it apart after three puffs to see if there was anything foreign in it. There was no binder or at least the binder was the wrapper. Long filler. Just raunchy. I sprayed it with the hose and threw it into the woods to scare the skunks away.
ROFLMAO,,,,,haven't we all been here with the "gifted" cigar and choked it down or until we couldnt smoke anymore? :-):-)
[Reply]
Up