Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>DPG Series JJ Belicoso
Kreth 08:51 PM 09-03-2009
Another bomb stick. I enjoyed the maduro version of this cigar, and lately I've really been getting into corojo wrappers, so I had high hopes for this smoke.

Humidor time: 6 weeks

Prelight: The corojo wrapper looks flawless. Draw is moderate, tasting of wood and leather.

Burn: The burn was decent, got a little uneven towards the end. Ash was nice and solid. Draw was moderate. The burn time was about 85 minutes.

Flavor: This smoke was creamy, tasting of wood, leather, and hints of citrus. It had a nice, spicy finish.

Summary: Surprise, surprise: another great stick from DPG. I'm rapidly becoming a Pepin whore. I think I need to snag some blue label to complete the trifecta. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BlackIrish 09:07 PM 09-03-2009
I like these best of all the DPG line, particularly in maduro. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
jechelman 11:09 PM 09-03-2009
Thanks for the review. The JJ Beli is one of my favorite DPG's.
[Reply]
adampc22 11:10 PM 09-03-2009
there isnt a DPG that i had and didnt like nice review mate
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:20 PM 09-03-2009
This stick in a maduro is my favorite DPG!!
[Reply]
Kreth 11:21 PM 09-03-2009
Hm, tough call. I'd have to pick the Cuban Classic (Black Label) as my favorite DPG stick so far...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:35 AM 09-04-2009
DPG JJ Maduro is my favorite DPG stick, but I haven't tried many, yet. LOL
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:21 AM 09-04-2009
Thanks for the review!!!

These are very good but I like the Maduro better!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 01:36 PM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Thanks for the review!!!

These are very good but I like the Maduro better!!!
A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you, but lately I've been finding that corojo wrappers are really tasty.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Steve 02:29 PM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Summary: Surprise, surprise: another great stick from DPG. I'm rapidly becoming a Pepin whore. I think I need to snag some blue label to complete the trifecta. :-)

Hm, tough call. I'd have to pick the Cuban Classic (Black Label) as my favorite DPG stick so far...
Again, I must concur :-)
[Reply]
dannysguitar 02:32 PM 09-04-2009
Posted via Mobile Device
You must not have tried the Blue label yet. By far my favorite in the line. It surprises me every time I smoke it.
[Reply]
Kreth 02:35 PM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
You must not have tried the Blue label yet. By far my favorite in the line. It surprises me every time I smoke it.
Nope, not yet (see the end of my OP). I plan to pick up a 5er soon. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up