Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>What are some good even burning, long ash smokes?
BUCASmoker 08:59 PM 09-02-2009
I am looking to try some cigars that burn perfectly even, and have a really long well defined ash. I love smokes like that.

My favorite recent one is the AF Short Story... I didn't ash that thing even once, and had it burning til the tip of my fingers. I need to pick some more up! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:13 PM 09-02-2009
Oliva Special G is another, also any Padron Anniversary.:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 09:19 PM 09-02-2009
Even burns will occur more often with cigars that have less ligero. Ligero is slower burning leaf and often will lead to a wavy burn. One sided burns will occur in any stick that has not been stored properly or for too short a time. Sometimes the humidity on one side will be lower or higher than the other causing an irregular burn. Personally, I dont think an even burn or long ash is indicative of a quality stick. Any long filler cigar can exhibit these characteristics. :-) I focus more on flavor than aesthetics.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 09:25 PM 09-02-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Even burns will occur more often with cigars that have less ligero. Ligero is slower burning leaf and often will lead to a wavy burn. One sided burns will occur in any stick that has not been stored properly or for too short a time. Sometimes the humidity on one side will be lower or higher than the other causing an irregular burn. Personally, I dont think an even burn or long ash is indicative of a quality stick. Any long filler cigar can exhibit these characteristics. :-) I focus more on flavor than aesthetics.
:-)
BINGO!
Bob is wise:-)
[Reply]
heavyd 09:33 PM 09-02-2009
As usual, Bob passes along some great cigar info. I didn't know that about ligero.

I think it's mostly a crap shoot as well. I smoked a cheap Spanish Galleon Corojo (from Atlantic) that made it all the way to the nub without ashing. When you get a cigar that holds a huge ash it is definitely amusing to see how long it can get :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:34 PM 09-02-2009
Originally Posted by BUCASmoker:
I am looking to try some cigars that burn perfectly even, and have a really long well defined ash. I love smokes like that.

My favorite recent one is the AF Short Story... I didn't ash that thing even once, and had it burning til the tip of my fingers. I need to pick some more up! :-)
I did the same thing last night with a Short Story.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:46 PM 09-02-2009
The Nubs come to mind!!!:-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 05:09 AM 09-03-2009
I have burned MANY WoaMs and they all hold long ashes. Last night I smoked a Tat Vercou #9 and it burned all the way to the band without even wavering.
[Reply]
Jimbo14 06:00 AM 09-03-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
The Nubs come to mind!!!:-)
:-) For sure
[Reply]
BlackDog 07:29 AM 09-03-2009
I've done this with LGC Wavell's.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:38 AM 09-03-2009
I had a pretty good sized ash with an Alec Bradley Tempus.
[Reply]
DonniePaul 08:38 AM 09-03-2009
Wow. Thanks for that info! That is good to know.
[Reply]
Up