Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Liga Privada #9 "Flying Pig"
njstone 06:13 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
I don't think we should be hating on people for not wanting to smoke these as much as we shouldn't be hating on people who smoke them... For me I won't try them; 12$ seems high, Drew "Pimp Stick" Estates makes them (and that's enough for me) and the vitola seems strange for a cigar that isn't universally proclaimed as stellar...

In any event the review and pictures are well done...
I know a lot of people don't like Drew's stuff, but I think some of the Naturals are good (Root, Jucy Lucy) and the Chateau Real is a decent mild stick.

But the Liga Privada No. 9 is a country unto itself. Up there with the true masters.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:26 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Thanks for the review...and great pics!
:-):-)
[Reply]
OHMatt 07:10 AM 11-06-2009
I dropped $11.25 on one yesterday and was very disappointed. Perhaps my pig was a H1N1 carrier.

I have enjoyed all of the Liga Privada No.9 cigars I have smoked. The flying pig had similar flavors but severly muted versions. Think of smoking a LP9 while you have a horrible sinus infection (or perhaps the swine flu?); there you have my pig experience. The cigar was firm and burnt well. Draw was poor through the tapered foot but it opened up once it was a parejo.

My verdict; not worth giving another shot unless it was half the price. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:54 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
Drew "Pimp Stick" Estates makes them (and that's enough for me)
I would have agreed with you on this, untill I tried a Liga Privada. I can only say "try it, just once, and see if you'll change your mind". I liked the Liga Privada a lot, even though it is made by Drew Estate.
[Reply]
covetry 12:38 PM 11-06-2009
Excellent Review! I've been a big fan of the Liga Privada series from Drew Estate. This looks like it will be a good cigar.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up