Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Mejor Emerald Torpedo Video
kaelaria 05:27 AM 08-19-2009
This 6.5×54 stick offered a loose bound foot with no wrapper on the last inch or so, and came in a cedar sleeve. It gave some interesting flavors directly after the light, with a very loose draw that came up to a normal resistance once the burn point hit the full wrapper section. Flavor was medium bodied offering a mild complexity of smooth and rich wood, hints of sweetness and pepper at points. Burn was good, needing a couple minor touch-ups and the draw was on the loose side overall. The finish changed from the first half to the last, getting shorter and cleaner as it went. http://cigarobsession.com/2009/08/19...-cigar-review/
[Reply]
borndead1 07:15 AM 08-19-2009
I like these. I think they have a very unique flavor. And the price tag is nice too. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:18 AM 08-19-2009
I too enjoy these. I like them, not love them. The price is great and they offer good flavor.
[Reply]
akumushi 04:46 PM 08-19-2009
I was quite surprised at how good these were. Not great, but definitely good. My Grandpa is the king of cheap smokes and he usually gives me a couple of each purchase he gets to try out. I was expecting these to be dog rockets, but instead I found them to be a good, flavorful smoke. Lots of cream with a bit of pepper. For the price they are definitely worth checking out.
[Reply]
G G 05:02 PM 08-19-2009
I have smoked a few of these and like them pretty good. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
kaelaria 05:10 PM 08-19-2009
Thanks for watching everyone!

I was surprised about them too, I had never heard of them and didn't know anything except the ballpark price, so I had low expectations.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:44 PM 08-19-2009
They're a great cheap smoke. I think it's a little unusual for cigars that cheap to be individually dressed in cedar, too.
[Reply]
Up