Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Some Cohiba pictures from Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
mugzy 10:10 PM 08-16-2009
Looks like fakes, some are harder to tell then others but there are many fakes around Playa Del Carmen.

http://acecigarmart.com/index.php?op...id=9&catid=9#9
[Reply]
Scottw 10:14 PM 08-16-2009
Got to love them Cohibos in the glass top box, nice. HAHAHA
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:40 PM 08-16-2009
I just don't get why they go to all the effort of replicating the packaging and then blow the whole thing with the ridiculous glass-top boxes. :-)

Awful kind of them to save us the trouble of having to inspect more closely, though.
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:38 AM 08-17-2009
They are soooo behind the times. Counterfeiting Swisher Sweets and Black & Milds is where the money's at! LOL
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 01:41 AM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
They are soooo behind the times. Counterfeiting Swisher Sweets and Black & Milds is where the money's at! LOL
:-):-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:53 AM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
I just don't get why they go to all the effort of replicating the packaging and then blow the whole thing with the ridiculous glass-top boxes. :-)

Awful kind of them to save us the trouble of having to inspect more closely, though.
Because most people don't know that glass top boxes are counterfeits.
[Reply]
gbum 05:06 AM 08-17-2009
glass top counterfeits already being in the market for quit a long time.if i'm the counterfeiter.. by now i should realize bout this...

some people just never learn... which is good for us :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 07:38 AM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Because most people don't know that glass top boxes are counterfeits.
Yeah, but by the same measure, those people aren't going to recognize the authenticity of the rest of the packaging, which these fakes have managed to ape pretty reasonably.

See what I mean? It seems to me like it really ought to be either an 'aim for exact replication' or a 'scribble COHEEBA on it with a crayon' kind of affair. It's this middle-ground stuff that makes no sense to me.
[Reply]
Addiction 07:55 AM 08-17-2009
Well counterfeiters prolly need to control costs even more so than Cuba. Counterfeiting an actual Cohiba box would be no cheap affair and if you don't have a connection to either sell them at retail or sell them to retailers no one is ever going to appreciate enough to buy them. Fake paper = cheap, fake wood = not so much.
[Reply]
Bax 05:53 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:

I would also imagine the average person would want to see what's inside a sealed box before they drop 500 bucks on it. The glass top allows you to see the goods without breaking all those fancy seals, those things aren't cheap:-)
[Reply]
Up