Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking in high humidity?
BlackDog 01:43 PM 08-09-2009
Does anyone else think that high humidity seems to affect your smoking, and make the cigar hotter? I'm not talking about the humidity in your humi, but rather the ambient humidity in the air. It's been like 80+% humidity here the past couple of days, and my smokes just don't seem the same. My humi is 64-65% rh. Any thoughts?
[Reply]
14holestogie 01:45 PM 08-09-2009
I think because the extra humidity affects the burn, you (and I) draw more often to try to keep the burn going, making it burn hotter.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:46 PM 08-09-2009
Yes, it does. They will absorb that humidity and not smoke the same.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 01:46 PM 08-09-2009
I live in Louisiana and I dont seem to notice that...of course I do not have much to compare it to because I smoked much less often in KY.
[Reply]
kaelaria 01:51 PM 08-09-2009
I smoke 95% of my sticks in the same high humidity outside my house. I don't have problems with most sticks, so I can't attribute it to the ambient conditions. I sometimes smoke in lounges or bars, and have had the same percentage of sticks smoke poorly in those nice air conditioned environments too.
[Reply]
JJG 06:58 PM 08-09-2009
I like to leave my smokes out of the humi for a few days before they get torched. There's been a few times when this has backfired on me and the cigars didn't dry out at all and actually seemed to get squishier. But as far as sticks that have come straight out of the humidor, I have not noticed a difference even though it gets quite humid here in Houston.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:09 PM 08-09-2009
I tend to have wrapper issues when smoking in high humidity. It seems hard to keep the wrapper lit.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 09:28 AM 08-10-2009
I live in Atlanta and my sticks definitely smoke different outside in the summer than they do during other parts of the year.
[Reply]
coastietech 11:25 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I tend to have wrapper issues when smoking in high humidity. It seems hard to keep the wrapper lit.
I have noticed this same thing... If I smoke inside I have no issues, when I smoke outside in the FL humidity I have to power through it to keep it lit.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 04:43 PM 08-11-2009
I noticed about a year ago that what ever cigar I was smoking on the beach (in NJ) would burn a little different . I just thought it was due to wind and dampness of the air . So I guess it is possible .
[Reply]
Up