Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Kristoff Ligero Criollo Torpedo
nozero 06:58 PM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by :
Kristoff Ligero cigars are patiently handmade in the Dominican Republic. At their core is a blend of well-aged Cuban-seed Dominican and Nicaraguan longfillers, snugly nestled in Cuban-seed Dominican binders. Cuban-seed Honduran Criollo wrappers flawlessly surround the core. The cigars burn true, showing a medium to full-bodied brew of toasted nut and caramel notes, undertones of cedar, and some spice on a sweet finish. This is a must-try cigar for the serious aficionado!
I've had two from the box I got from a Monster deal at Famous. Out freaking standing IMNSHO. Nicely boxed and surrounded by tobacco, bound by a black ribbon and a nice intro card. Great presentation, but the cigars were even better.
[Reply]
TonySmith 07:09 PM 08-07-2009
I haven't tried this particular one, but Kristoff's are one of my favorite cigars.
Glad you enjoyed them.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:17 PM 08-07-2009
Nice review, thanks! I love the Maduro and I've been thinking of trying some of their other blends.
[Reply]
nozero 07:26 PM 08-07-2009
Yeah, if I could get them for that price, $109.00 for the box of 20 instead of the regular $139.00, I'd buy them again.

I agree with the toasted nut and caramel notes, but didn't pick up any undertones of cedar, but did get the spice on the sweet finish. Very tasty!
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:37 PM 08-07-2009
Thank you for the review!!!

I have never tried a Kristoff, but your review makes me want to try one!!!
:-)
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 09:45 PM 08-07-2009
I smoked one of the Criollo's about a month ago and it was a pretty decent stick. I wouldn't mind trying the Maduro.
[Reply]
Up