Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>J. Fuego Delirium... Utterly FANTASTIC!
Lexxxus 10:42 PM 08-05-2009
Couple months back Paul from Atlantic sent me an assorted sampler of 10 different J. Fuegos... He's got used to my tastes (he keeps notes of customer's prefs... talk about service!) and suggested I try the Fuegos (among his personal faves) So I said; "Sure! set me up!" The sampler included some Naturals (that were so good I ordered a bundle of 25) some 777's in various blends and a Delirium Toro... it was the last one I smoked (I hesitated because it had a somewhat unappealing "horse-manure" smell (unlit) and I decided to smoke it last. I lit it up on the weekend and was blown away by what a terrific smoke it was!

Rich beyond belief, smooth, creamy and tasty. I cannot say enough about how good it was. I was pounding the red wine at the time and I thought I might have been overly enthusiastic... Until today when I recieved my order of the 25 Naturals and some Padrons... Paul (as always) threw in some freebies and in the lot was yet another Delirium (a Belicoso this time) It's almost like he read my mind.

Instead of sparking up one of the highly anticipated Padrons I smoked the Fuego and it was even better than the Toro I'd smoked 2 days ago. I was floored! One of the best cigars I have ever smoked!

Draw was textbook, structure amazing with the ash gorgeous white and stout like a hornets nest... Without babying it it held almost to the band! I was sitting on my step and decided to snap a picture of it.

I was waiting for it to sour or get bitter but like a fine Cuban it only got better. I smoked it to a nub with the 2nd ash still intact.

I am calling Paul first thing in the morning and getting a bundle of 25! (Atlantic sells bundles of 25 for the same price as their already low price on the box of 21) Fuego boxes are nice, but unless your a box-hound go for the bundle and get 4 free smokes!

No word of lie, it's one of the very best cigars I have eve smoked. Do yourself a favor and try a 5 pack pack or even a couple singles and I'm certain you will be overwhelmed. This could be my new "Go TO" smoke! (While you at it try a few of the wonderful low-dough Spanish Galleons... age them for 6 months or a year and you'll be amazed how good such an inexpensive cigar can be) All this (by the way) coming from a Cuban "Snob"

Thanks Paul for turning me onto yet another jewel of a smoke!

Wayne
[Reply]
cort 10:47 PM 08-05-2009
Great review. I had a Lancero a few months ago and thought it was amazing as well. After reading this review I am wondering why I dont have any more:-) I guess its order time, Thanks:-)
[Reply]
tobii3 06:38 AM 08-06-2009
Y'all are just NOW figuring out the J Fuego's???

:-)

The lanceros are dead on!!!

LINK
[Reply]
Caymus 07:40 PM 08-06-2009
Thanks Wayne !! I'm going to order some to try.
[Reply]
Ratters 12:19 PM 08-08-2009
Yep, great smoke. Don't know if I would say best ever, but very very good. :-)
[Reply]
Sr Mike 12:37 PM 08-08-2009
Great review, thanks for sharing. Most J. Fuego cigars are on my smoke list, I have yet to find one I did not like.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 12:48 PM 08-08-2009
Gotta try these. Love 777's
[Reply]
TripleF 12:54 PM 08-08-2009
:-)

Maybe I'll have to hit a couple of these!!
[Reply]
Up