Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars And Creme Soda?
elderboy02 01:31 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
I've never tried Barq's CS (in fact, I didn't even know they made it), just their RB. What's it like?
Creme soda. Sorry for the smart a$$ reply, I don't know how to describe creme soda :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:33 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Creme soda. Sorry for the smart a$$ reply, I don't know how to describe creme soda :-)
Fair enough. Kinda pretentious of me to ask, isn't it?

"Sweet and wet, dude. Duh!" :-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 01:35 PM 08-11-2009
Virgil's does very little for me. It can't touch IBC for the CS, IMO. Barq's- that's just... mediocre.
thats funny, I tried Virgils and loved it. A week later I tried IBC cream soda I didn't even want to finish it. Its way to carbonated compared to Virgils .
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:39 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
A week later I tried IBC cream soda I didn't even want to finish it. Its way to carbonated compared to Virgils .
I still think it's toward the lighter end of the carbonation spectrum, though. I find the level just right- quaffable, but not just sugar-water.
[Reply]
Steelergar 10:38 PM 08-11-2009
I 'm doing a Vegas Cubana and Virgils Cream Soda right now and I love it! It seems bring out the flavors more than what I have tasted before for these smokes. I almost pulled out a 601 red but I thought it might overpower the cream soda.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:47 PM 08-11-2009
A bit OT, but I've been trying out different ginger beers in a quest to make the perfect Dark & Stormy. I really had low expectations for the Goya, being that it was the cheapie in my little collection.

Underestimated!

We have a winner and a fantastic combination with a good dark rum. Haven't done the cigar match-up yet, but I'm expecting oral fireworks when I hook that baby onto something DPGish. Yum, and... look out!
[Reply]
Norcal_aaron 12:05 AM 08-12-2009
Bought a four pack of Jones creme soda to see what all the hoopla is about. Actully, I gave a A&W creme soda and a smoke a go once and liked the combo, so I can't wait to give Jones a try.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:45 AM 08-12-2009
A bit OT, but I've been trying out different ginger beers in a quest to make the perfect Dark & Stormy. I really had low expectations for the Goya, being that it was the cheapie in my little collection.

Underestimated!

We have a winner and a fantastic combination with a good dark rum. Haven't done the cigar match-up yet, but I'm expecting oral fireworks when I hook that baby onto something DPGish. Yum, and... look out!
What does a Dark N Stormy taste like? Is the ginger overpowering? Have been curious about these for some time now. Please let me know. (Sorry for the thread jack)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 06:47 AM 08-12-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
What does a Dark N Stormy taste like? Is the ginger overpowering?
It's very dependent on the ginger beer, itself- hence my methodical search. That said, I haven't managed to make a not-good tasting one yet.

It's a very tasty summer flavor. Ginger beer, but with much rounder body and dimension. Personally, I like a strong ginger beer, but I don't find it too dominant in the drink because the ginger strength is usually effervescent and kind of rides on top of the primary taste rather than interferes with it.

/threadjack
[Reply]
Mr B 03:50 PM 08-12-2009
Had a "My Father" today w/ a Cream Soda. Very nice pair.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:10 PM 08-12-2009
So last week I tried another Partagas with the Boylan Black Cherry. As with the root beer, it was decent, but not as good as I felt the creme soda had been. To double-check, I just had that original pairing, and I was right - for me anyway, the cigar/creme soda works the best. Only problem, since the Boylan's come in a clear glass longneck, passerbys think I'm chugging a Corona. :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 12:33 PM 09-28-2009
I've often paired cigars with rootbeer, but never tried the creme soda option. Finally got myself some Jones Creme Soda and had it with a RP Fusion natural. Me likey! I think I will pair creme sodas with CTS and root beer with darker, spicier, fuller smokes.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 12:41 PM 09-28-2009
:-) for the Jones, both Cream Soda and Root Beer. Best I've had. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:23 PM 10-13-2009
Found it!
[Reply]
The Poet 02:37 PM 05-05-2010
Bump.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:22 PM 08-04-2011
Bump, for Anthony.
[Reply]
Kneo 02:29 PM 08-04-2011
I may have to try the cream soda. That sounds kinda good.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:32 PM 08-04-2011
I have not tried this yet. My neighbor swears by the combo. I have grabbed a couple bottles but I drank them before I ever was able to smoke.

Everytime I drink a rootbeer or cream soda I think of cigars now.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:35 PM 08-04-2011
Not drinking alcohol right now I have learned to sample cream sodas and root beers and other sweet drinks. Virgils is my favorite production one. I have been lucky to find some craft root beers that have been great. I am thinking of trying to make my own.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 12:12 AM 08-05-2011
Sounds like a great combo. I like a good Cream Soda or Root beer.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up