Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>CAO Traviata
elderboy02 12:15 PM 08-01-2009
I definitely want to try one of these. They look great :-)
[Reply]
weak_link 01:54 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by scoot:
Also I think its interesting that the Cabaiguan is the cigar that's most identified with having a Cuban-esque profile.
I totally disagree with this. I don't think they taste Cuban at all. :-)

Anyway, yay for CAO. They're not really my thing but hope they do well.
[Reply]
uptown_isy 02:28 PM 08-01-2009
Why not give them a chance to release the cigar....or let's see what the show attendees say about the cigar. If it's a good cigar, isn't that all that matters?
[Reply]
macpappy 02:49 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by uptown_isy:
Why not give them a chance to release the cigar....or let's see what the show attendees say about the cigar. If it's a good cigar, isn't that all that matters?
Oh, come on, you know it's no fun to actually wait until a cigar comes out to determine if it's worth smoking. It's a lot more fun to just bash a company and say all their cigars are crap...
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:03 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Well, all I can say is that if a Nicaraguan Puro is advertised as "Cuban" in profile, I can see that, same soil and climate. Take a look at Nic ashes as you smoke one, same magnesium content and all.
Not true at all, my friend. Cuba originated around where Hawaii is now. The soil is alltogether different.

It's not that everyone is commenting on CAO having a different blend cigar, it's that it's packaging is "normal". That is abnormal for CAO.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:34 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Not true at all, my friend. Cuba originated around where Hawaii is now. The soil is alltogether different.
But it is as close as it gets.
[Reply]
scoot 09:10 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I totally disagree with this. I don't think they taste Cuban at all. :-)

Anyway, yay for CAO. They're not really my thing but hope they do well.
Yeah, I suppose everyone's tastes vary, but in all the blind taste tests I've seen its the cigar that most consistently gets misidentified as being of Cuban origin.
[Reply]
macpappy 05:18 AM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Explain please
[Reply]
Aldebaran 05:30 AM 08-03-2009
I think he is talking about plate tectonics or continental drift. But Cuba was part of the Florida Platform and Hawaii is just a volcanic island formed by eruptions. Cuba could have been where modern Hawaii is in the supercontinent Pangaea in terms of latitude and longitude but then it loses Island Dynamics and therefore loses its climate conditions due to a different latitude and it was about 250 MYA so in the modern era it is completely irrelavent to this discussion.

I'd like to point out I want calling out CAO on being gimmicky I was just saying Cubanesque is in itself a gimmick no matter who does it
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 09:51 AM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by Aldebaran:

I'd like to point out I want calling out CAO on being gimmicky I was just saying Cubanesque is in itself a gimmick no matter who does it
Or they're positioning for a point in time if the embargo ends and they can actually acquire Cuban tobacco for their blend.

I don't work for any cigar manufacturer or company so this is just my best guess, but I think that the re-release of defunct Cuban brands with non-cuban tobacco isn't just coincidence. If the embargo ends, they won't run into the same legal issues as some other brands that have Cuban doppelgangers. :-)
[Reply]
meadmaker 10:08 PM 08-04-2009
I'm looking forward to trying out the new cigar. I see many of you complain about the "gimmicks" that cao uses to sell a cigar but they also produce a very high quality and consistent cigar.

http://caocigarswholesale.com - a better way to find cigars
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up