Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Google Voice
nozero 05:44 PM 07-29-2009
Anybody else checking out Google voice? http://google.com/voice

Some pretty cool features, once you set your google phone number, when it's called it can ring all or your choice of your office phone, your cell, your home phone, etc.
[Reply]
CigarDood 05:47 PM 07-29-2009
That's actually pretty cool.
[Reply]
nozero 05:53 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by CigarDood:
That's actually pretty cool.
I thought so, but I'm sure many will want to avoid the loss of privacy. Me, I've got nothing to hide. (that I know of):-)

Oh, and I neglected to mention it's free.
[Reply]
CigarDood 05:55 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by nozero:
I thought so, but I'm sure many will want to avoid the loss of privacy. Me, I've got nothing to hide. (that I know of):-)

Oh, and I neglected to mention it's free.
Privacy is always a concern with google products, but most of them are really innovative.
[Reply]
Thrak 06:13 PM 07-29-2009
That is really GrandCentral, who google bought a year or two ago... its a great service.
[Reply]
G G 06:15 PM 07-29-2009
I signed up and got a number, but haven't really used it yet.
[Reply]
dunng 06:33 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
That is really GrandCentral, who google bought a year or two ago... its a great service.
Yep, I have had it since the GrandCentral days... google has just started adding features and opening it up to new users. There is a nice BlackBerry app now too. :-)
[Reply]
G G 06:38 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Yep, I have had it since the GrandCentral days... google has just started adding features and opening it up to new users. There is a nice BlackBerry app now too. :-)
How do you like it Greg D?
[Reply]
dunng 06:53 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
How do you like it Greg D?
Works good, just waiting for extension support... I like having the different voicemail messages and getting transcripts e-mailed right to me! :-)
[Reply]
G G 06:57 PM 07-29-2009
Yeah I think I will start giving out the number to my insurance clients, and see how it works.
[Reply]
AzonCigars 09:36 AM 07-30-2009
I have it and love it! It works great on my G1 too. I am starting to use it as a direct line to me for my customers. They are constanly adding new features. I use almost every google product I can for my businesses.
[Reply]
dunng 01:35 PM 07-30-2009
Google whore... :-)

They also give you a cool "Call Me" button for your website... :-)
[Reply]
Up