Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>We Needed a Study for This?
BlackDog 03:10 PM 07-28-2009
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32185274...ence-wireless/

They needed a study to prove that texting whilst driving was dangerous?

I think I need to get funded to do a study. I have a theory that fishing makes one thirsty for beer....but, I can't prove it without some funding, some research, and some test subjects -- that's you folks. :-)

Money well spent, IMO :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 03:11 PM 07-28-2009
I'll sign up for the test subject part...
[Reply]
MedicCook 03:12 PM 07-28-2009
I am doing a study on how a cigar turns into ash while smoking it.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:38 PM 07-28-2009
With typical gov't love for red tape, at least one city in NY has decided that we need a law banning texting while driving in addition to the NYS law banning phone use while driving without a hands-free device. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 03:39 PM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
With typical gov't love for red tape, at least one city in NY has decided that we need a law banning texting while driving in addition to the NYS law banning phone use while driving without a hands-free device. :-)
Well while that may appear redundant you must remember there are devices capable of texting that are not phones.
[Reply]
MedicCook 03:40 PM 07-28-2009
NYS is in the process of passing the State wide ban on texting while driving.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:59 PM 07-28-2009
I don't see why it can't be covered under existing laws. If you caused an accident because you were playing around with a CD player, you could be charged with reckless driving, for example. Why do we need yet another law?
If we're going to do this, let's go whole hog. I propose that anyone causing an accident because they were texting the word "ZOMG" be stoned to death...
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:31 PM 07-28-2009
They cant prove it without a study Warren:-)

give me a break...
[Reply]
The Poet 04:40 PM 07-28-2009
I think this is a real public safety issue, with a real simple solution. As the guv'mint (meaning us) now own a huge hunk of the US auto industry, make them put a device in the car which disables all wireless communication while the car is in operation.

Also, here in New Jersey, they should disable all car horns. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 04:43 PM 07-28-2009
The reason to have a seperate law is not for people who cause accidents but so that they can create a new item for ticket writing. I know Troy PD sets up cell phone & seatbelt checks in the city and now they can add a texting to that.
[Reply]
Steve 04:50 PM 07-28-2009
Mee Tooo!

Originally Posted by BlackDog:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32185274...ence-wireless/

They needed a study to prove that texting whilst driving was dangerous?

I think I need to get funded to do a study. I have a theory that fishing makes one thirsty for beer....but, I can't prove it without some funding, some research, and some test subjects -- that's you folks. :-)

Money well spent, IMO :-)
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I'll sign up for the test subject part...

[Reply]
Up