Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 2101112
General Discussion>Sometimes you call a spade a spade
DavenportESQ 04:46 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
No offense Lu (and I'll buy your drinks at our next herf if I did inadvertently offend you) but what of the lessons you list is new to anyone here? Does anyone read the stickies?

Why would anyone fail to leave meaningful feedback or trader information and why would anyone who suspects that they were taken remain silent (besides the obvious embarrassment factor)?

I think that this thread, early one, provided a cathartic release for those involved, but it has long since left that behind.
For once :-)
:-)
Buena Fortuna 04:46 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Maybe that mentality will help prevent this **** from happening again.
I seriously doubt it...it's a flawed world we live in filled with flawed people...including me and everyone here in the CA
Posted via Mobile Device
bigloo 04:47 PM 07-30-2009
Mark,

I call it the ebay effect. I will be the first to admit that while the majority of my feedback is accurate, I have left positive feedback for people who have not lived up to their end of the deal. I have never been screwed to the point where I recieved nothing, but I have had 2-3 week delayed shipping, received blind trade sticks well below par, etc, etc. I ignore the problems in fear that they will also leave poor feedback for me. I think this is a wider problem. It would honestly take theft to get me to leave negetive feedback which luckily has not happened to me. I believe people like Dan have warning signs well before they finish taking peoples money.

As far as the use of the thread, we are in agreement which is why I tried (maybe foolishly) to change its direction.

Lu
Darrell 04:47 PM 07-30-2009
This thread has gotten so far from the original subject and has turned into a fight between brothers who have never scammed or hurt anyone on here.

It's time to take a deep breath and walk away from the thread. Anything contributed from this point will likely be clouded by anger and completely counter-productive.

[/soap box]
G G 04:48 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
I seriously doubt it...it's a flawed world we live in filled with flawed people...including me and everyone here in the CA
Posted via Mobile Device
Cannot argue with you there.:-)
The Poet 04:50 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
This thread has gotten so far from the original subject and has turned into a fight between brothers who have never scammed or hurt anyone on here.

It's time to take a deep breath and walk away from the thread. Anything contributed from this point will likely be clouded by anger and completely counter-productive.

[/soap box]
FWIW, :-)
floydpink 04:52 PM 07-30-2009
bigloo 04:54 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
No dog in this fight myself, feel sorrry for those screwed over, hope the guy gets his due karma and all that, but....

This one really has me confused. Why on Earth did you leave "glowing feedback" when you were "totally screwed over" ???????

Been trying to stay out of controversy this year, but for the life of me, I can't make sense of this statement.
Read more... should become apparent (the "ebay" effect). No problem with the question though, I think truthful feedback is a problem and I dont believe the feedback left here (myself included) is always accurate.
CigarDood 05:04 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Mark,

If folks want to have a civilized conversation about these incidents, how to prevent them, how to improve things, I see no reason to lock the thread.

Lu
:-)
floydpink 05:06 PM 07-30-2009
sorry, found your "ebay" thread after I posted, then deleted after reading more, which is tough in these multi page threads.

Hopefully I'm not a dying breed that speaks it as I mean it, and leaves feedback according to my experiences. not changing that for anything either.

You do nobody a favor, but the seller, by hiding negative experiences.
Starscream 05:06 PM 07-30-2009

This guy stole one of my cigars. He needs to be banned too.

(Just thought I would try to lighten the mood.):-)
CigarDood 05:09 PM 07-30-2009

This is the ultimate lighten the mood picture. :-)
Don Fernando 05:15 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
Wow. And because it was already in public on the trader feedback you felt that you just had to drag it into here? This thread has a nasty gang mentality that isn't reflecting well on this board.
Mark, I like to warm my fellow botl's for scammers, that's all.
Buena Fortuna 05:28 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Martin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU
Dan turned me into a newt :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
bobarian 05:38 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Unless you have personally been "scammed" and have discussed the situation with the mods, then such "warning" is unnecessary and beyond the spirit of CA. :-)
icehog3 05:39 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
But what if someone thinks another member is a scammer, but has no real proof, or is prejudiced, or mistaken, but we just let them call the person out on the Forum anyway? There are some ways to handle this to make sure everyone is as protected as possible. :-)
icehog3 05:39 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Unless you have personally been "scammed" and have discussed the situation with the mods, then such "warning" is unnecessary and beyond the spirit of CA. :-)
Beat me to it, Bob. :-)
bobarian 05:46 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Beat me to it, Bob. :-)
:-) A first!
poker 05:49 PM 07-30-2009
Ok folks, I think most of us said what they wanted to say, and those that are out money got a chance to vent.

Its run its course. Move along, nothing more to see.
Page 12 of 12
« First < 2101112
Up