Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you know who Guillen Cigars is?
Yes, I like them 56 33.73%
Yes, but dont like them 3 1.81%
No, but would like to 75 45.18%
No, dont care 32 19.28%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Who is Guillen Cigars?
Don Francisco 06:11 AM 07-29-2009
Where are you located in the D.R. I have to go there again Aug. 14-18, maybe we could hook up.
[Reply]
AndyMadera 11:57 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Don Francisco:
Where are you located in the D.R. I have to go there again Aug. 14-18, maybe we could hook up.
I am actually in Portland at the moment and have been here a while. My Fiance is Dominican and lives in Santiago where you are most likely going to be working in the cigar industry and all... Have you ever been there? I know my way around pretty well now.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:16 PM 07-29-2009
Question; How many fingers am I holding up?

Ha. Real question: Are all your blends Nicaraguan Puros or so some of them have other elements as well?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:18 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
One, my middle finger :-)
[Reply]
Don Francisco 12:42 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by AndyMadera:
I am actually in Portland at the moment and have been here a while. My Fiance is Dominican and lives in Santiago where you are most likely going to be working in the cigar industry and all... Have you ever been there? I know my way around pretty well now.
I know Santiago well, can't count how many times I've been there. I have dealings there, Tamboril, and Navarette. I own a farm in Piedra Blanca - Maimon and another in La Vega. I also have my residence in Santo Domingo.
[Reply]
awsmith4 12:49 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:

Ha. Real question: Are all your blends Nicaraguan Puros or so some of them have other elements as well?
The Reserva Miraflor, Goviado Black, and Don Fernando are all Nicaraguan puros. The Goviado Blue, Casa Pineda, and Don Payo are Nicaraguan filler and binder with an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:57 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
The Reserva Miraflor, Goviado Black, and Don Fernando are all Nicaraguan puros. The Goviado Blue, Casa Pineda, and Don Payo are Nicaraguan filler and binder with an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper
Thanks AL!
[Reply]
AndyMadera 01:07 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Don Francisco:
I know Santiago well, can't count how many times I've been there. I have dealings there, Tamboril, and Navarette. I own a farm in Piedra Blanca - Maimon and another in La Vega. I also have my residence in Santo Domingo.
So maybe it will be me having to visit YOU some day!
[Reply]
AndyMadera 01:09 PM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
That is correct, as Albert has pointed out, that all our blends so far use 100% nicaraguan expect where there is a EC conny.
[Reply]
itsme_timd 01:17 PM 07-29-2009
I know Albert (awsmith4) from our local cigar club and he was nice enough to share some of the Reserva Miraflor cigars with us at our 1st Anniversary herf. I smoked one at the herf and enjoyed it a lot. Had minor issues with the burn but I'm pretty sure that was caused by the hurricane-strength fan that was 3 feet from me. :-)

I had a couple more cigars when I left and I've shared them with a some BOTL on other forums so they could try them. I'm also curious to try some of your other lines.

Best of luck!
[Reply]
JE3146 05:37 PM 07-29-2009
I might have had one of andy's cigars once or twice. :-)
I
Website will be coming soon once I get back. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bill86 02:07 AM 05-19-2011
No
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:20 AM 05-19-2011
Wow, this is an old thread. I voted anyway! Now what in the world is eyecoin talking about?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:32 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by eyecoin:
I see i'm a little late to the conversation but I find it a little strange people are bragging about smoking so many Cubans. That is like bragging about drinking Budweiser when you live in the north west and access to endless micro brews.

All my Cubans sit untouched in my humidor. The best Cuban I ever had was a 1992 Partagas Lusitania Cabinet. Other than that, nothing stands out.

Many people I know all in the cigar manufacturing business rarely find Cubans interesting. It seems the more you really know, and get involved in cigar production, tobacco farming etc, the more you realize Cubans in the last 20 years are generally garbage.
Nice first post. :-)

Are you always this snobbish or is this your normal, sunny, disposition? I have a feeling the Cuban cigar industry, like Bud, will somehow go on without you.

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.
[Reply]
Trent0341 09:18 AM 05-19-2011
Andy,
I know this is an old thread but I'm curious to hear how things are going almost two years later. I thought the story of how you got started was great.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:36 AM 05-19-2011
Aren't they finito?
[Reply]
whodeeni 12:08 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Aren't they finito?
I'm sure albert will chime in at some point!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up