Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>NFL looks into allegations against Roethlisberger
ucla695 06:46 AM 07-22-2009
This isn't good. Big Ben has been accused of rape in a civil lawsuit. I hope the allegations aren't true and it's cleared up quickly. :-)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...tml?test=faces
[Reply]
SchizoFilly 06:56 AM 07-22-2009
Looks like she's crying fire without heat, flame or smoke. Not saying stuff like this doesn't happen, but a year after the fact and only a civil matter? Seems financially motivated only.
[Reply]
AD720 07:22 AM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by SchizoFilly:
Looks like she's crying fire without heat, flame or smoke. Not saying stuff like this doesn't happen, but a year after the fact and only a civil matter? Seems financially motivated only.
:-) No criminal charges filed certainly points in that direction.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:30 AM 07-22-2009
Another scam...
[Reply]
taltos 07:35 AM 07-22-2009
Can anybody say golddigging b*tch? Good. Now can anybody say Kobe Bryant? Good, I knew you could.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:59 AM 07-22-2009
Oy........ :-)
[Reply]
jkim05 11:13 AM 07-22-2009
Well, just because criminal charges haven't been filed yet doesn't mean they won't be and even if they are never filed, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. The burden of proof is much lower in civil cases than criminal cases, look at OJ. Not saying he did it, but I'm skeptical of both sides...she's still a gold digger though.
[Reply]
shilala 11:26 AM 07-22-2009
I read the article.
It's a shame Ben has to get his name dragged through the mud.
I'm proud of him that he didn't pay hush money to keep this out of the press.
I think that speaks volumes. Ben's a good kid, and he's a good human being.
This girl will get what's coming to her. A nice soft bed in a pastel painted rubber room.
[Reply]
bigloo 11:34 AM 07-22-2009
Unfortunately the truth probably lies inbetween. He probably did have sex with her but not rape... or something like that. These guys need to realize they are targets and keep it inside their pants (just liek Kobe, etc). That being said, rape is a serious charge so until he is cleared I have to actually side with the victim (I know, no criminal charges), but if you dont support the victim it will eventually prevent other victims from coming forward. I will refrain from calling her a ***** until this resolves. If it is false, she should serve time, but if she is telling the truth so should he.
[Reply]
shilala 11:50 AM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Unfortunately the truth probably lies inbetween. He probably did have sex with her but not rape... or something like that. These guys need to realize they are targets and keep it inside their pants (just liek Kobe, etc). That being said, rape is a serious charge so until he is cleared I have to actually side with the victim (I know, no criminal charges), but if you dont support the victim it will eventually prevent other victims from coming forward. I will refrain from calling her a ***** until this resolves. If it is false, she should serve time, but if she is telling the truth so should he.
Problem is, she'll never do a bit of time.
I agree with you that I'd side with her and let her talk. She'll talk herself right out of her paycheck.
Had Ben done anything improper, I'm sure he'd have shut this thing up long before it hit the press.
I'd be damned if I'd pay a dime to an extortionist. I admire Ben's character for that act alone. It puts him ten rungs above her on the human scale before it's even started.
He'll also have to pay tons of money to defend himself.
It ain't right. People can really suck.
[Reply]
Up