Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>USPS pisses me off
Smokin Gator 03:41 PM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Props for Xikar. That's excellent customer service.
:-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 03:52 PM 07-15-2009
Pretty hard for us to open a cardboard box by accident, but I have seen envelopes and padded mailers that get caught in the machinery and torn up pretty good. Something hard and lumpy should be sent in a box so it can't get caught on anything. Sorry you are pissed off at us.
[Reply]
blugill 03:57 PM 07-15-2009
I have a Palio but this makes me want to buy a Xikar just to support a brand that has that great of customer service!
[Reply]
heavyd 05:30 PM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
Pretty hard for us to open a cardboard box by accident, but I have seen envelopes and padded mailers that get caught in the machinery and torn up pretty good. Something hard and lumpy should be sent in a box so it can't get caught on anything. Sorry you are pissed off at us.
The USPS does a great job overall. It's a humungous operation.

I lived in Italy for 4 years in the 80s and I received approximately 50% of the parcels sent to me from the US.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 05:44 PM 07-15-2009
A sad story with a happy ending, just the way I like it. :-)
+1 for Xikar, they have some of the best customer service around. Don't beat up USPS too badly, sometimes I'm amazed how well that machine runs. Although, I've been where your at and I know it's frustrating when it doesn't go the way it's intended.
[Reply]
Cigary 05:47 PM 07-15-2009
Kudos to Xikar for being pro customer service oriented. Note to self and others,,,,if you send something out ensure that you put some money out for insurance just in case.
[Reply]
Flatsix 06:03 PM 07-15-2009
I hope the thief gets his micro sized unit trapped in the guillotine er...cutter.:-)

Great customer service story! Good news that you are not out of a well manufactured cutter.
[Reply]
Opusfxd 10:53 PM 07-15-2009
Props to Xicar!!! They're now on the need to list because of this. Funny thing is I've always had the best luck with USPS. I even had a guy wrap a bicycle frame in cardboard and have it arrive in perfect shape. UPS could mess up a car wreck.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:00 PM 07-15-2009
Xikar for life!!!

Glad to hear that Xikar is gonna take care of you,that's why I will continue to buy their products.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:33 PM 07-15-2009
I have a Xikar
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:29 AM 07-16-2009
I own two Palios and a Xikar...because of their great customer service I will cut my stick tomorrow with my Xikar!! I have had great success with Palios customer service and seems Xikar is right there with them!! Good for us!!!
[Reply]
DPD6030 05:01 AM 07-16-2009
I hope it was the machinary and not an employee. I guess my thread title pulls the trigger at USPS when it may not entirely be their fault. I sent it in one of those plastic type bubble mailers as Xikar recommended. I can't imagine that it fell out as the leather case was in the package and so was my punch. If it fell out wouldn't it all fall out? I know for next time to ship in a box. First time I've had trouble with the mail and my overall experiance is great with USPS, just mad at the time and had to vent!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:49 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I hope it was the machinary and not an employee. I guess my thread title pulls the trigger at USPS when it may not entirely be their fault. I sent it in one of those plastic type bubble mailers as Xikar recommended. I can't imagine that it fell out as the leather case was in the package and so was my punch. If it fell out wouldn't it all fall out? I know for next time to ship in a box. First time I've had trouble with the mail and my overall experiance is great with USPS, just mad at the time and had to vent!
Venting is very important to staying sane...nice job by Xikar :-)
[Reply]
blugill 05:25 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by blugill:
I have a Palio but this makes me want to buy a Xikar just to support a brand that has that great of customer service!
Check that...I HAD a Palio. It has disappeared. I believe it might have gone out with the trash:-)

I kept it on my table but sadly I believe that it might have gotten knocked off into the trash and dumped today. So my next cutter will be a Xikar even though I loved my Palio!
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:35 PM 07-16-2009
Just be glad a cutter's all you lost to the &%^$# PESTal Service!
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:02 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
Just be glad a cutter's all you lost to the &%^$# PESTal Service!
What had me bent out of shape has been unexpectedly--and favorably--resolved. I hereby take back all bad words and vibes I have had for the USPS this past week!
[Reply]
icehog3 11:41 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
What had me bent out of shape has been unexpectedly--and favorably--resolved. I hereby take back all bad words and vibes I have had for the USPS this past week!
I love happy endings! :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:51 AM 07-28-2009
Xikar came through with a new 009 Punch and a brand new xi 3 in redwood. :-) Kudos to a great company! :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 05:55 AM 07-28-2009
Xikar came through with a new 009 Punch and a brand new xi 3 in redwood. :-) Kudos to a great company! :-)
Glad things worked out for you, Andrew. :-)
[Reply]
Smoking Dragon 05:58 AM 07-28-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I love happy endings! :-)

Me too :-)

Sarge
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up