Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cuban Crafters online ordering.
CubbiesFan4Life 01:35 AM 07-15-2009
I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I wasn't sure where to post. I wanted to see what peoples thoughts are. On the 6th of July I placed an order for a humidor and 2 bundles from Cuban Crafters. I received a confirmation e-mail but the content of the e-mail was blocked by the Army. I sent 2 follow-up e-mails during that week to have them send it to a different e-mail address (my civilian g-mail account) so I could ensure the order was properly processed. I received no response. I finally had to stay up late into the night when the store in the states would be open to talk to someone. All they could tell me was the order was processed but they had no way of tracking it, and to call back in a week if I didn't get it. Is this a common occurence or did I just get a raw deal? Also what online retailers does everyone here use that has receptive and responsive costumer service? It is hard when you are 8,000 miles away to deal with people who can't help. Thanks for any input. :-)
[Reply]
Barteur 04:25 AM 07-15-2009
Hello I found this in the Canadian Thread, This was done to see who was shipping to Canada. This gives you a lists for company to look at:

Companies Confirmed
Mr. Bundles
Tarheelcigars - Nobody has tried them recently, didn't respond to my inquiries
Lynn Cigars
Atlantic Cigar - Highly recommended
CVM Cigars
Pleasant Smoke
Billboard Tobacco
The Cigar Cellar
Cuban Crafters
lacigar.com
elfumador
Taboo Cigars
Cigarplace.biz
Cheap Humidors
Absolute Cigars.com
Kioki Cigars
Fumeeworld.com
4noggins (Pipe Tobacco)
frenchyspipes (Pipe Tobacco)

Companies Confirmed (Will Not Ship)
Cigar King
Cigars International
Tampa Sweetheart
JR Cigars
Cigar.com

Companies Confirmed (Will Ship But Do things very by the book)
famous-smoke
2guyssmokeshop
Holts

Accessories
Cigarmony
Cheap Humidors

Hope this help a bit, btw I cannot tell you if they offer a good service and price its only a list of vendor to look at.
Regards

Frenchie
[Reply]
Thrak 06:45 AM 07-15-2009
I've had great luck with CubanCrafters and have ordered from the quite a few times. They were VERY quick with a warranty replacement of a cutter I have of theirs.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
[Reply]
acarr 02:47 PM 07-15-2009
Sorry to hear about your experience also. I order from them just once and had no problems at all. They even sent some free stuff in there.
[Reply]
eber 02:56 PM 07-15-2009
I have ordered from Cuban Crafters twice and have had excellent service both times, there was a ding on my humi and they offered a nice discount on my next order, I didnt want to send it back because it is barely visible.
[Reply]
TXRebel 07:22 PM 07-15-2009
I’ve placed 2 orders with Cuban Crafters and have had excellent service, but I am not 8,000 miles away.

Online Cigar Info.
[Reply]
Big Ben 08:14 PM 07-15-2009
Cuban Crafters won't leave you hanging. I had an issue once out of about 20 times ordering from them. They were concerned and took care of it immediately.
[Reply]
PuffingRob 01:16 AM 07-16-2009
Sorry to hear what has happened so far.

Like everyone else has mentioned Cuban Crafters has always been top notch. I have no doubt in my mind that they will take care of you.

I hope all works out.
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 01:46 AM 07-16-2009
I wouldn't get too worried about it. I too have ordered from them a few times and have had no issues, although their ordering and confirmation process, to me, is a little screwy.

I think it may be the fact that you are not in the states and it's probably just an email snafu.

There may be someone here that you trust that can contact them on your behalf and explain the situation and get it all straightened out.

What sticks did you order? If you get pooched, I'll step up and offer a couple of cigars.

BTW...Thanks for your service.
[Reply]
CubbiesFan4Life 01:57 AM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck:
What sticks did you order? If you get pooched, I'll step up and offer a couple of cigars.

BTW...Thanks for your service.
It was just 50 cigars of cuban crafters choice, that I can pass out to the guys over here, they came with the humi. and that is all I really wanted out of the order, I'm tired of keeping my personal stash in someone elses box. I appreciate the feed back from everyone, and I think I will just chalk this one up to the deployment gremlins.
[Reply]
shemp 01:54 PM 07-17-2009
I am a Cuban crafters club member and highly praise their smokes and their customer service. Call back or email again and talk to the supervisor, i think his name is alberto. Just as with any company shipping problems will occur, i work as a supervisor of packaging so i hear the complaints all day long, i have only had very generous customer service resolution from cuban crafters. perhaps you got one of the guys in a hurry or something else was going on, but i woukld definately send a second email, explain that this is a second email, leave a phone number contact, and they will respond prolly with extras...my 2 cents
[Reply]
CubbiesFan4Life 04:28 AM 07-18-2009
Going on 2 weeks now, 3 e-mails and 1 phone call...no package. I would really hate to receive a package that is damaged and have to wait 2 more weeks to receive another one. I am definitely going with CI for every online purchase here out. They delivered over a week ago with an order placed the same day.
[Reply]
tobii3 09:32 AM 07-18-2009
Obviously, this is your very first deployment.

You're complaining about your order not reaching the 'Stan in EIGHT days.

Did you even bother to pay attention when your Unit briefed you that mail can take up to TWO WEEKS???

Anything UNDER two weeks in Afghanistan or Iraq is above expectations!!

Originally Posted by :
I'm tired of keeping my personal stash in someone elses box.
Did you see my reply in your earlier thread regarding Pelican cases??

LINK
[Reply]
CubbiesFan4Life 09:36 AM 07-18-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Obviously, this is your very first deployment.

You're complaining about your order not reaching the 'Stan in EIGHT days.

Did you even bother to pay attention when your Unit briefed you that mail can take up to TWO WEEKS???

Anything UNDER two weeks in Afghanistan or Iraq is above expectations.
This is actually my 3rd deployment, and average mail delivery is 7 to 10 days. I would not be posting except 2 shipments from CI placed on the same day made it 7 days earlier. Also the fact that Cuban Crafters could not give me a status on the deliver and had poor customer service. Please if you have nothing constructive to post leave your opinions to yourself, thank you.
[Reply]
tobii3 10:02 AM 07-18-2009
Originally Posted by CubbiesFan4Life:
This is actually my 3rd deployment, and average mail delivery is 7 to 10 days. I would not be posting except 2 shipments from CI placed on the same day made it 7 days earlier. Also the fact that Cuban Crafters could not give me a status on the deliver and had poor customer service. Please if you have nothing constructive to post leave your opinions to yourself, thank you.
I was being nice.

I've logged 86 months deployment time and over 20 years on Active Duty. So lose the attitude.

The fact that you ordered THREE different shipments on the 6th - yet you say...

Originally Posted by :
I'm tired of keeping my personal stash in someone elses box.
Shows where your priorities are at.

Storage is your PRIMARY concern over there. #1. Ambient Humidity is at best 11% - 14% and WOODEN HUMIDORS are USELESS.

Cuban Crafters CANNOT give you status on the shipment because they can only track until they turn over to the APO. Then it's all on the MILITARY POSTAL SYSTEM.

We won't mention that mail backlogs in Germany and in Bagram until they have a FULL load to deliver, because you obviously have learned that in your two previous deployments.

You want them to track all the way to you?? Pay the extra money for CERTIFIED tracking and SEE how long THAT takes.

As I said, i was being nice.

Your comment here....

Originally Posted by :
I finally had to stay up late into the night when the store in the states would be open to talk to someone.
Let me break this down to the fellow members here...

Afghanistan is currently 9 1/2 hours ahead of the East Coast.

9AM here (0900) is the ""late into the night"" hours of......6:30PM (1830)....which is Chow time...Dinner.

Being that you are currently posting right now, that means it's about 20 minutes to 10PM over there...another LATE night???

My apologies to the team of 11 for having to tell a Service Member to quit whining.
[Reply]
CubbiesFan4Life 10:18 AM 07-18-2009
I made this post to ask for opinions on online ordering and to see what if any issues people have had with Cuban Crafters and it has turned into an unproffesional attack on my character. This post needs to be closed, becuase the usefulness of it are now gone.
[Reply]
tobii3 10:25 AM 07-18-2009
Everyone here has posted OUTSTANDING comments about Cuban Crafters AND their Customer Service.....except for ONE person.

:-)
[Reply]
tobii3 10:44 AM 07-18-2009
Originally Posted by CubbiesFan4Life:
I made this post to ask for opinions on online ordering
Originally Posted by :
On the 6th of July I placed an order
on the 15th at 3 AM you complained (Complaint #1).

Originally Posted by :
I received a confirmation e-mail but the content of the e-mail was blocked by the Army
Complaint #2

Originally Posted by :
I sent 2 follow-up e-mails during that week to have them send it to a different e-mail address (my civilian g-mail account) so I could ensure the order was properly processed. I received no response
Complaint #3

Originally Posted by :
I finally had to stay up late into the night when the store in the states would be open to talk to someone.
Complaint #4

Originally Posted by :
All they could tell me was the order was processed but they had no way of tracking it, and to call back in a week if I didn't get it.
Complaint #5

Originally Posted by :
Is this a common occurence or did I just get a raw deal?
Complaint #6

then a follow up -

Originally Posted by :
This is actually my 3rd deployment, and average mail delivery is 7 to 10 days.
You COMPLAINED after EIGHT days. You emailed them TWICE in that eight day period (see Complaint #3)

Originally Posted by :
Also what online retailers does everyone here use that has receptive and responsive costumer service?
Obviously complaining about CubanCrafters Customer Service. (Complaint #7)

Originally Posted by :
It is hard when you are 8,000 miles away to deal with people who can't help.
And once again, complaining. (Complaint #8)

That's not an unprofessional attack on your character. That's pointing out the truth.
[Reply]
Up