Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>I have decided, a bad netflix dvd
replicant_argent 10:42 PM 07-14-2009
will spoil a mans evening.
Tried to watch No Country for Old Men tonight and had to battle with my 10 year old dvd player to get "most" of the movie. Time to start shopping for a blu-ray or PS3.
Not that that will solve Netflix problems, but better to single out the dvd player as a possible issue.
Grrrr.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:49 PM 07-14-2009
I started having a lot of issues with bad Netflix dvd's before I stopped the service. The biggest problem I had was dvd's never showing up.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:56 PM 07-14-2009
Sorry to hear it Pete, I've had no problems with my Netflix.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:08 PM 07-14-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
will spoil a mans evening.
Tried to watch No Country for Old Men tonight and had to battle with my 10 year old dvd player to get "most" of the movie. Time to start shopping for a blu-ray or PS3.
Not that that will solve Netflix problems, but better to single out the dvd player as a possible issue.
Grrrr.
:-)

----------------
Now playing: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero
via FoxyTunes
[Reply]
robofan 02:39 AM 07-15-2009
I have had way more view-ability problems with Blu-ray than I ever did with DVD's. You will have many more spoiled evenings with Blu-ray. My advice is wait at least one more year and one more generation of Blu-ray player before you buy. Also Netflix is currently charging about a 20% preimum for Blu-ray rentals over DVD.

If you have the bug and must buy now then I would recommend this player.
[Reply]
white_s2k 02:43 AM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by robofan:
I have had way more view ability problems with Blu-ray than I ever did with DVD's. You will have many more spoiled evenings with Blu-ray. My advice is wait at least one more year and one more generation of Blu-ray player before you buy. Also Netflix is currently charging about a 20% preimum for Blu-ray rentals over DVD.

If you have the bug and must buy now then I would recommend this player.
I joined netflix a few months back. I only rent blu-ray movies, and 50-60 discs into my membership I have never had a problem with the quality of the discs they ship out.

I certainly don't mind the 20% premium for blu ray rentals either. I pay about $21 a month and can watch 25-30 blu rays every month at the current rate I watch them. Compare that to buying a single blu ray movie for $30, certainly can't complain. That's like someone buying a $50,000 sports car and complaining about having to pay the extra $.25 for premium fuel. :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 05:15 AM 07-15-2009
Get an XBox360 with Netflix integrated and you will never have this problem again!
[Reply]
AD720 06:09 AM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Get an XBox360 with Netflix integrated and you will never have this problem again!
Or a Roku. :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 07:05 AM 07-15-2009
Or just buy a Samsung Blu-Ray and do both. I tend to go through netflix pretty frequently. I get the occasional unwatchable disc, but over 6+ years I've been a member there, it's less than 10 discs total. I've had a lot more problems with discs from them that are just dirty. I clean em off and put em back in. Just do everyone a favor and report the damaged discs, please. Netflix will ship out a replacement, usually same day.
[Reply]
dunng 07:09 AM 07-15-2009
I now have Blockbuster... Netflix started to throttle me. :-)

http://www.hackingnetflix.com/
[Reply]
PeteSB75 07:18 AM 07-15-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
I now have Blockbuster... Netflix started to throttle me. :-)

http://www.hackingnetflix.com/
They throttled me at one point as well. There was quite a bit of noise about it a couple of years ago. They've stopped doing it, as far as I can see.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 11:46 PM 07-15-2009
Out of the two years I have been using Netfilx I have only had one bad DVD.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:48 PM 07-15-2009
I had both Netflix and Blockbuster, dropped both and saved $50 a month
[Reply]
Starscream 11:59 PM 07-15-2009
I guess now it's "No Movie for Old Men".:-)
[Reply]
Up