Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Gurkha Grand Age Perfecto
Chris. 04:04 PM 07-13-2009
I bought this sometime late last year. I neglected to write the date on the cello.

This cigar looked great. Nice, dark, oily wrapper. Both ends are left open.

It lit easily, but the draw was very tight until I burned through about .5". It then opened up a bit, allowing me to get some decent amounts of smoke.

I got some coffee flavors, some dark chocolate, some wood and leather. Every now and then I would get some sort of spice. Not overwhelming though. It was never a powerful cigar. I thought it would kick my butt with pepper and spice by looking at it, but it was surprisingly mild for a Gurkha. It burned very slowly. It took me 1.25 hours just to get halfway through it. I got some type of bitter spice in the last 1/3, but it was still not bad. I had to do several light touch ups on the burn, but it was acceptable. I probably smoked it about 1" past this point, because I had to go in and do some things. Didn't expect it to last so long!
[Reply]
darkninja67 04:12 PM 07-13-2009
Thanks for the review. Long smoke eh? reminds me of the Gurkha Legend perfecto I smoked.

I need to try more of their lines.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:12 PM 07-13-2009
Thanks for the review, Chris. I'm not a big Gurkha fan, and I've rarely had a perfecto that did not have some draw and burn issues, so I feel your - well, if not pain, at least ennui.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 04:38 PM 07-13-2009
Thanks for the review Chris. I have one sitting and have been wondering whats up with it.
[Reply]
adampc22 04:44 PM 07-13-2009
thay should put some real gurkhas on the boxes i bet thay would sell even more lol
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
adampc22 04:54 PM 07-13-2009
or maybe this pic lol
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
BlackDog 05:08 PM 07-13-2009
I've smoked one Grand Age perfecto and really liked it. I recall it begin chocolaty and toasty, and growing in spiciness towards the last third.
[Reply]
Up