Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Entertainment>Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Beagleone 09:38 AM 07-20-2009
I saw it on Wednesday and again on Friday. I will focus on the first veiw more than the second because there was a drunk bastard talking during hte whole film until we got him and his family kicked out near the end.

Overall I liked this movie and felt that it flowed from the fifth film into the sixth was excellent. I guess it helped to have the same director and all. The movie will never be the same as the books since there is simply too much information to cover. I thought they did a good job for the most part, even with the additional scenes they imported. I think the end was a bit rushed, particularly dealing with Harry budding relationship with Ginny and the issue with LV history & horcruxes, but I think the lead up to Movie 7 is good. There were some small parts I miss (again thanks to the ahole seated behind me), but might opt to go see it in IMax as well.
[Reply]
GKitty 10:02 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Decent movie, but horrible adaptation. I thought they captured the scene w/ the horcrux exactly as the book portrayed it, though.
I too was really excited to see this scene brought to life. I think they did a great job with it. This is one of the scenes I was really looking forward to. As the scene approached in the movie, I started getting really twitchy. My friend who was with me asked me "what's wrong?" "Ooooh you'll see. Just you wait." My friend is not a Harry Potter reader. Thank god, they didn't disappoint me.

All in all, I was pleased with the movie as I long ago resigned myself to the fact that they'll never be able to fit an entire book in one movie. (Though I am encouraged because I've heard rumors they're doing Deathly Hallows as two movies. That *MIGHT* allow them to fit everything in.)

It might have been the movie or maybe just a great night at the drive-in (I saw 4 shooting stars during the movie), but I thoroughly enjoyed this episode of Harry Potter and may even go back to see it again.
[Reply]
fairwind 02:09 PM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
That one part in the movie made me and everyone else in the theater jump like hell though! You know what I'm talking about.
LOL the only other time I jumped was at Alien, when it popped out of the guys chest.

The who is the 1/2 blood prince question wasn't answered until the end. Kinda pissed me off.

Dan
[Reply]
Darrell 06:07 PM 07-22-2009
I liked the movie, I just wish Snipe and Harry had a real battle.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:17 PM 07-24-2009
Heather and I went to see it today! My first time!!!

I really liked it!!!

BTW Darrell - There is a reason Snape and Harry don't duke it out!!!

[Reply]
Uflbassin 09:25 PM 07-24-2009
Saw it on by birthday a few days ago. Have been reading those books since I was in 4th grade haha. But I thought it was an excellent movie, its not the book but they definitely did the best with what they had. The horcrux scene was fantastic, i was crawling in my seat when they appeared at the cave entrance, all in all definitely worth the money.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up