Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown
Chris. 09:07 AM 07-10-2009
This was the Pyramid No. 9.

The contruction was good. It had at least 3 large veins in the wrapper. It was fairly oily looking.

It cut easily with no damage done to the wrapper beyond the cut. It had a light, sweet flavor on the cap. It had a firm draw, even after a second cut. It produced a decent amount of smoke in the first 1/3. I got some light pepper through the nose, along with some toast, and coffee. It burned pretty unevenly during the entire smoke and required several touch ups. When I ashed it, it left a nice cone shaped cherry.

the second 1/3 had similar flavors. It left something powerful on the back of my tongue though. maybe ammonia, but it was pretty gross at one point. The draw got very tight and wasnt producing much smoke at all at this point so I cut it again. This opened it up beautifully. It drew perfectly and produced ample amounts of smoke.

Final 1/3 was grassy and coffee was still present. The grass was pretty powerful though.

Overall this was a good morning smoke. Pretty mild in strength for the most part. I dont remember how much I paid for it but I want to say around $5.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 09:36 AM 07-10-2009
Great review and pics Chris...thanks!
[Reply]
ade06 09:43 AM 07-10-2009
[quote=Chris.;458561] Overall this was a good morning smoke. Pretty mild in strength for the most part.QUOTE]

Wow, I had the complete opposite experience regarding the strength of this smoke. That thing kicked my arss! I was completely overwhelmed by the strength and it was not an enjoyable experience for me (I can't recall if I had any food in the belly). I like most of the Cuesta-Reys, but not the sungrown.
[Reply]
Chris. 11:38 AM 07-10-2009
I hadn't eaten by this point yet either. When I finished it up I had a very mild buzz from it.
[Reply]
darkninja67 02:27 PM 07-10-2009
Thanks for the review. I have a box resting. I may have to give it a try out soon. Probably a good medium smoke for me.

nice pictures BTW
[Reply]
groogs 06:17 PM 07-10-2009
Nice review, A friend bought me a box of those for my wedding gift, I thought they were nice smokes.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:18 PM 07-10-2009
Nice review Chris.
[Reply]
bdcigarsmoker 07:55 PM 07-10-2009
Nicely reviewed smoke. I am my third box of these in the last 9 months and am quite fond of them. It's a smoke that I think needs to be sat down with and enjoyed with an adult beverage.
Smoke on
:-):-)
[Reply]
Up