Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Look out Destin here we come
Junior 03:12 PM 07-08-2009
I have booked my vacation today. It is 12 days and counting before I am sitting on the beach.

For those of you that haven’t booked a vacation yet I have some advice. Wait, we called today, and got a much better deal than a month ago. They gave us 30% off of the room one night free plus 18 holes of golf, deep sea fishing trip, boat trip for the family, and a bunch of other admissions around town. All in all it saved us about $500 by waiting a month, and we still got the room we wanted.
[Reply]
ade06 03:18 PM 07-08-2009
Do you have to attend a "no pressure" timeshare presentation?
[Reply]
Junior 03:30 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
Do you have to attend a "no pressure" timeshare presentation?
No it is the same resort we always use. I guess people aren't traveling like they were over the last few years.
[Reply]
GKitty 03:49 PM 07-08-2009
Where are you staying?

Which charter boat are you booked on?

I'm originally from Fort Walton Beach. I miss Destin. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 04:00 PM 07-08-2009
My girlfriend LOVES Destin. Her family goes down there every summer. All I hear is about The Boat House...does that sound familiar at all?
[Reply]
Junior 04:19 PM 07-08-2009
We always stay at Surfside, and book thru ResortQuest. I have no idea on the boat, as I haven't been home yet to see the whole package. I am sure it is probably not a charter, but one of the big passenger boats. It really dosen't matter as I probably won't go anyway. I will probably play a round of golf if I can get my clubs in the car when we go down.

The Boat House sounds familiar, but am not sure.
[Reply]
Junior 08:29 AM 07-09-2009
I was incorrect on my earlier statement on the discounts. We got 33% off and an upgrade from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom. We also got the fishing and the golf pass. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Oh yea it is now 11 days and counting.
[Reply]
Up