Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Any tabletop gamers here?
kgoings 10:39 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by TanithT:
Cool beans. A couple of caveats on the rules, so folks can get an idea of how it's run. The house (eg, the DM) is not allowed to win unless all the players agree that the mystery was logically solvable with the evidence that they had available to them as a group. Not all players will start with all pieces of the evidence; it will be divided up and players may need to interview each other to put all the pieces together. The DM's boyfriend (sorry Rob) can play for fun, but is disqualified from winning.

Oh yes. And one of you may be designated to be the murderer. If that turns out to be the scenario, then the murderer is the one who wins if he or she is not caught. In that case the DM can't win, but also doesn't have to ante up cigars.

What should the ante be? One cigar? A fiver? And what era would people like to play in? Who's in for a murder mystery pool?

5'er is the easiest...a single cigar will turn into a fiver anyways :-)

I am game :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:50 PM 07-08-2009
I'm in. A 5ver works for me, but I'd like it to be a 5ver the person sending is comfortable with, except if they want to send dog rockets. I only say this because I dont have that many Premium cigars in my humi, but have a couple lower-mid level cigars in my humi.

How does everyone feel about that?
[Reply]
kgoings 10:57 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I'm in. A 5ver works for me, but I'd like it to be a 5ver the person sending is comfortable with, except if they want to send dog rockets. I only say this because I dont have that many Premium cigars in my humi, but have a couple lower-mid level cigars in my humi.

How does everyone feel about that?
I'm in it for the game! Send what you want (No dog rockets!)
[Reply]
TanithT 11:05 PM 07-08-2009
I personally don't care, since I'm 99% likely to not be smoking any of them. If there's enough players, it makes more sense to make a player character the killer, which means no possibility of a "house win".

I can always put a few items of mine into the pot that will make it a sweet prize even if some players don't send all-premium cigars.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:46 AM 07-12-2009
Bump
[Reply]
rizzle 09:56 AM 07-12-2009
Does foosball count?
:-)
[Reply]
TanithT 11:21 AM 07-12-2009
I have the play-by-post murder mystery rules drafted. I'll put a poll up to see who might want to play and what era they might want to play in.
[Reply]
massphatness 12:05 PM 07-12-2009
Sounds like you guys are gonna have loads of fun! Wish I had the time to commit.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TanithT 12:34 PM 07-12-2009
The game is likely to run for several weeks, and you will be able to watch the story unfold here regardless. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up