Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Serial Killer in South Carolina?
Mr. Ed 01:47 PM 07-05-2009
I know there are some folks from South Carolina on here, thought it would be interesting to share:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/04/...ngs/index.html
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:00 PM 07-05-2009
Yeah, it's been on the local news for a while now Ed. Crazy azz coward.
[Reply]
BMTA 02:18 PM 07-05-2009
Hope they catch this person soon!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:47 PM 07-05-2009
What a piece of ****! I hope they get him...dead or alive!
[Reply]
TanithT 03:10 PM 07-05-2009
What a piece of sh*t, shooting old ladies and unarmed girls. If I end up having to visit that neck of the woods before they catch him, I'll definitely be packing, and I'd suggest everyone who is in the area get themselves some good hand-cannons.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:13 PM 07-05-2009

Shoot first, ask questions later.
[Reply]
TanithT 03:41 PM 07-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Shoot first, ask questions later.
It would suck rather a lot to kill an innocent guy whose only crime was to look like a police artist sketch.

I was in the car with my ex-boyfriend while we were going through a small town. We got pulled over by a whole freaking brigade of cops who asked a whole lot of questions and held us there for quite some time, checking our registration and ID's. It could have gotten uglier except that one of the cops noticed the designation on the ex-boyfriend's license. He has cerebal palsy, walks with crutches and drives with hand controls. When they actually noticed that, they looked surprised and rather disappointed.

At that point they let us go, but were unwilling to tell us why we'd been pulled over. It was not for any imaginable traffic violation; we were going fairly slowly as we were looking for a restroom stop. The only guess I have is that he and his car matched the description of someone who had done something horrendous enough to have the entire force out looking for him.

It apparently became obvious to the cops that he was not the one who did whatever when they noticed his disability (it isn't immediately evident when he's sitting down). But I have to wonder what might have happened if they hadn't, or if he hadn't been disabled and thus a more viable suspect.

Police sketch artists are good but not perfect, and I'd hate to think of people getting shot because of a resemblance. There's certainly a good argument for being prepared to defend yourself before some crazy shoots you first, but I don't think I'd want to cap some guy in the head who wasn't doing anything suspicious, just because he looked like this sketch.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:49 PM 07-05-2009
Often makes you wonder what people are thinking???
[Reply]
icehog3 04:02 PM 07-05-2009
My comment was meant to be a bit "tongue in cheek", to be sure, but it can't hurt to have a general idea what the guy looks like. I have seen people identified with a lot less. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:08 PM 07-05-2009
That's some scary s***. Hopefully they catch the POS soon.
[Reply]
BigAl_SC 04:46 PM 07-05-2009
Breaks in here and my daughter (wife doesn't like guns) will be glad to practice with the Mossberg Defender if I don't get there first. Hope they get the SOB soon.
[Reply]
BigAl_SC 05:51 PM 07-06-2009
He's dead now. I just wish an officer hadn't been hurt and that he had lived long enough to think about the needle in the arm for a year or so.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 05:56 PM 07-06-2009
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC:
He's dead now. I just wish an officer hadn't been hurt and that he had lived long enough to think about the needle in the arm for a year or so.
Thank goodness this scumbag is off the streets.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/06/...ngs/index.html
[Reply]
icehog3 10:13 PM 07-06-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
Thank goodness this scumbag is off the streets.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/06/...ngs/index.html
Good riddance...the world is a better place today. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:45 AM 07-07-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good riddance...the world is a better place today. :-)
:-) Here here!!!
[Reply]
Up